Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer

Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer (http://www.five12.net/index.php)
-   Integration (http://www.five12.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   sequencing presets in vst mode? (http://www.five12.net/showthread.php?t=1595)

capitan mission 09-13-2011 09:07 PM

sequencing presets in vst mode?

Hi, Ive managed to load Numerology as a vst inside Ableton Live: midi track, insert numerology, second midi track Midi from> Numerology, and select Numerology channel. The same process to run another instance.
I make some sequences, press play and the 2 tracks sound ok. But.... Can I sequence the different presets from my DAW? (Live in this case).
Something like C1 for preset 1, D1 for preset 3, etc.
Cheers

jim 09-14-2011 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capitan mission (Post 7449)
Hi, Ive managed to load Numerology as a vst inside Ableton Live: midi track, insert numerology, second midi track Midi from> Numerology, and select Numerology channel. The same process to run another instance.
I make some sequences, press play and the 2 tracks sound ok. But.... Can I sequence the different presets from my DAW? (Live in this case).
Something like C1 for preset 1, D1 for preset 3, etc.
Cheers

Yes. If you double-click on a preset, you can assign a MIDI note to trigger it, then program that note into an Ableton clip to trigger the preset. I should put an example together, but I'm pretty wiped so that will have to wait until tomorrow...

Cheers,
Jim

capitan mission 09-14-2011 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim (Post 7450)
Yes. If you double-click on a preset, you can assign a MIDI note to trigger it, then program that note into an Ableton clip to trigger the preset. I should put an example together, but I'm pretty wiped so that will have to wait until tomorrow...

Cheers,
Jim

Thanks! It Works! (in preset properties Note>choose note>1
In a project like this (no complex midi routing) the "standard" is to choose always Midi channel 1? No matter how many instances of numerology im running?

Well, 4:15 am here, I go to bed!

jim 09-14-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capitan mission (Post 7454)
In a project like this (no complex midi routing) the "standard" is to choose always Midi channel 1? No matter how many instances of numerology im running?

That should be fine -- as long as you don't 'cross the streams' in Live...

Cheers,
Jim

capitan mission 09-14-2011 12:53 PM

I have another one : )
When a note ends in Ableton the triggered preset doesn't stop, how can I stop it?

jim 09-14-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capitan mission (Post 7458)
I have another one : )
When a note ends in Ableton the triggered preset doesn't stop, how can I stop it?

Setup a preset called "muted" -- and modify the module in there to fit the name, then use a note to trigger that preset. This trick is also very handy when using the Launchpad...

Cheers,
Jim

josepi90 11-02-2016 05:42 AM

HI Jim..

I don't seem to be able to get this to work in the latest version, as this thread is old, i wondered if things have changed in the setup with latest versions ?

thanks
joe

jim 11-02-2016 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josepi90 (Post 15709)
HI Jim..

I don't seem to be able to get this to work in the latest version, as this thread is old, i wondered if things have changed in the setup with latest versions ?

thanks
joe

It should all be the same -- and I ran a quick test to verify. Some things to check:
- In Prefs, turn 'Preset Auto MIDI Assign' on. The presets in Numerology should then show which MIDI notes they will respond to.
- If you want to trigger presets from MIDI Notes in clips, be sure the Playlist is off.
- Set 'Preset Quantization' to None -- very important, or you will get a 1 bar delay.

If you're still stuck after that, email me a project.

Cheers,
Jim

josepi90 11-03-2016 04:59 AM

Thanks Jim

Preset Auto MIDI Assign was off, and the manual method of assigning notes did not seem to work.. all good now though. great !

thanks
Joe