Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer

Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer (http://www.five12.net/index.php)
-   General Questions (http://www.five12.net/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   N4 (build 178) with Mojave + Logic 10.4.2 (http://www.five12.net/showthread.php?t=3637)

mrfugu 10-16-2018 05:07 PM

N4 (build 178) with Mojave + Logic 10.4.2
 
Hey,

After installing Mojave and Logic 10.4.2, Numerology seems to be unstable both on its own and as a rewire device. It's falling on its face with new empty files, existing files..

if this helps:

"Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000545a4d555470
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [973]

VM Regions Near 0x545a4d555470:
CG backing stores 000000011835a000-00000001188cd000 [ 5580K] rw-/rw- SM=PRV
-->
MALLOC_NANO 0000600000000000-0000600010000000 [256.0M] rw-/rwx SM=PRV

Application Specific Information:
objc_msgSend() selector name: removeFromSuperviewWithoutNeedingDisplay

"


It's been a while since N4 has been updated, I know N5 is on the way, but after the Vector gets launched, so I guess it might be some time, but I figured it's worth reporting..


cheers,

Aramis 10-17-2018 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfugu (Post 17102)
Hey,

After installing Mojave and Logic 10.4.2, Numerology seems to be unstable both on its own and as a rewire device. It's falling on its face with new empty files, existing files..

if this helps:

"Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000545a4d555470
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [973]

VM Regions Near 0x545a4d555470:
CG backing stores 000000011835a000-00000001188cd000 [ 5580K] rw-/rw- SM=PRV
-->
MALLOC_NANO 0000600000000000-0000600010000000 [256.0M] rw-/rwx SM=PRV

Application Specific Information:
objc_msgSend() selector name: removeFromSuperviewWithoutNeedingDisplay

"


It's been a while since N4 has been updated, I know N5 is on the way, but after the Vector gets launched, so I guess it might be some time, but I figured it's worth reporting..


cheers,

Words of wisdom,
I hope you have another way to use Numerology during the transition !!!!!

jim 10-17-2018 11:05 AM

I'll have some time this weekend and next week to catch up on N4 support stuff, and will be looking into the Mojave issues in detail.

Cheers,
Jim

mrfugu 10-18-2018 08:49 AM

No rush Jim, thanks!

PLaine 11-11-2018 01:56 PM

Hi,

So how is it with Mojave, is it safe to update? Is Numerology working well with this new OS?

thx,
P

mrfugu 11-13-2018 08:11 AM

At least here, the answer is NO: for standalone and Rewire versions.

I've tried re-installing N4 with no change.

I'd love to see a new version prior to the holiday period but I understand with the hardware releases, a small operation, and only so many hours in a day, that might not be possible.

Maybe I should dig in to testing the VST version, that might be fine now that I think about it, I'll update the thread if that's the case.


cheers,

jim 11-13-2018 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfugu (Post 17129)
At least here, the answer is NO: for standalone and Rewire versions.

I've tried re-installing N4 with no change.

Looking at your recent crash reports, that looks like a project issue, can you email me a copy of the project?

Thanks,
Jim

PLaine 11-19-2018 03:23 AM

Hi,

@jim
You probably have most comprehensive view about the question. Any further idea how is it in general, is it (pretty) safe to update? So far I've read just about this one particular case (mrfugu)...

There are quite many Mac-apps which are waiting for OS X update, but I have delayed it because I am not sure about Numerology. I can still wait but hopefully not too long anymore...

Aramis 11-19-2018 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PLaine (Post 17133)
Hi,

@jim
You probably have most comprehensive view about the question. Any further idea how is it in general, is it (pretty) safe to update? So far I've read just about this one particular case (mrfugu)...

There are quite many Mac-apps which are waiting for OS X update, but I have delayed it because I am not sure about Numerology. I can still wait but hopefully not too long anymore...

Good morning PLaine,
Is there anything specific that you want in Mojave ?
I am just curious

PLaine 11-19-2018 04:52 PM

Hi Aramis!

In fact I am still on El Capitan 10.11.6 and some some stupid reason I cannot open some Numbers or Pages documents which are made with my iMac running high Sierra. If Mojave works I thought I'd jump straight to it. (I don't even know where I could get those earlier Sierra or High Sierra...)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.