Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer

Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer (http://www.five12.net/index.php)
-   Feature Requests (http://www.five12.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Few feature requests (http://www.five12.net/showthread.php?t=3301)

apeirophobe 07-07-2016 10:25 PM

Few feature requests

I've had Numerology for a while but just recently started creating some slightly more complex projects than simple sequencers and ran into the following. Sorry if these have already been requested or if they are actually not issues and I just haven't discovered the workaround!

Cut, copy, paste - especially copy-drag with multiple selections.

Rack routing view should scroll when dragging cable connection to a destination out of view. Currently I have to minimize modules to see the destination but I'm creating a really large stack and I can see at some point I will no longer be able to do this.

Clicking on a cable or a connection point should highlight the cable an/or connection points.

Mouse/key shortcuts for moving or deleting a cable connection.

Thanks!

Sifaka 07-08-2016 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apeirophobe (Post 15448)
I've had Numerology for a while but just recently started creating some slightly more complex projects than simple sequencers and ran into the following. Sorry if these have already been requested or if they are actually not issues and I just haven't discovered the workaround!

Cut, copy, paste - especially copy-drag with multiple selections.

Rack routing view should scroll when dragging cable connection to a destination out of view. Currently I have to minimize modules to see the destination but I'm creating a really large stack and I can see at some point I will no longer be able to do this.

Clicking on a cable or a connection point should highlight the cable an/or connection points.

Mouse/key shortcuts for moving or deleting a cable connection.

Thanks!

Good points there. Specially the highlight option. And scrolling.

I can add a trick that the nord modular uses to get less clutter on the screen.

Linking patch destinations.
Example:
Say you have 4 sequencers in a stack dat get a feed from cv1.
You connect it to the first sequencer.
And link the patch cable to the 3 other sequencers input from the first sequencers cv1 destination.

If it's not clear, I'll make a picture

Per Boysen 07-08-2016 09:07 AM

Agree. Good point! I would also like to have a drop-down menu on the modules for "replace". Like Plogue Bidule has; replacing a module that way would still keep all your precious cable routing. Would be a big time saver!

Sifaka 08-03-2016 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Per Boysen (Post 15452)
Agree. Good point! I would also like to have a drop-down menu on the modules for "replace". Like Plogue Bidule has; replacing a module that way would still keep all your precious cable routing. Would be a big time saver!

Yeah, really miss that also...
But we have the 'highlight' function now already :), so who knows whats coming next !

vestibul 08-03-2016 04:04 PM

+1 on replace! Could prove complicated for devices that have completely different ports though.

jim 08-04-2016 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vestibul (Post 15482)
Could prove complicated for devices that have completely different ports though.

Indeed. I know that replace for AUs is a common workflow, any comments on other modules? -- Doing replace just for AU modules is a fair bit easier...

Cheers,
Jim

Sifaka 08-04-2016 12:36 PM

sequencers ?
changing a mono to a poly, retaining the notes from the mono would be fantastic.