Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer

Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer (http://www.five12.net/index.php)
-   Feature Requests (http://www.five12.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Real Time Sample recording (http://www.five12.net/showthread.php?t=283)

theau 02-02-2009 08:27 AM

Real Time Sample recording

Hi,

I know this has been a bit discussed (Numerology is not an Ableton clone). But I would think it would be great to have a record option on the sample window. For exemple, I could Use a step sequencer of the lenghth of 32 bars and I could really record 32 bars.

Then I could in between those 32 steps do some crazy things like trigering a 1/32 step of the sample or do "divides" on steps etc...

Jim, I know you already talked about using long delay like Augusto Loop... But easy recording via the sample module would be great.

;-)

ps : I really wish numerology wouldn't need Live for audio facilities...

steff3 02-02-2009 09:51 AM

oH, jeezzzz, followed the opposite discussion in Ableton-land years ago - please MIDI and how great that would be .... now the opposite ...

If I look at what came out of the whole Live<->MIDI or Live and video discussion - it is still not the universal tool and it will maybe never be ...

I hope the Jim will not go the Live way - we do everything a little bit (but not necessarily sophisticately) ...

best

amsonx 02-02-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steff3 (Post 892)

If I look at what came out of the whole Live<->MIDI or Live and video discussion - it is still not the universal tool and it will maybe never be ...

best

i agree this, in my live A/V i use different software chained togheter :

one Mac for video purpose running VDMX

the other for the audio side with Numerology (in Num i use Bidule as AU) and Live
the two are conneted via midi interfaces

jim 02-02-2009 04:41 PM

The "pro" version will definitely have more options for recording and playing back samples. The super-spec'd-out 'play loops while auto-matching tempo and key' trick that is the core of Live is not something I'm very interested in pursuing in detail, but there's no reason that I can't make it a bit easier to add some audio looping stuff to a Numerology project... ;)

Cheers,
Jim

theau 02-03-2009 07:20 AM

there's no reason that I can't make it a bit easier to add some audio looping stuff

That's what I was talking about ! :D

shamburglar 02-03-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim (Post 895)
The "pro" version will definitely have more options for recording and playing back samples. The super-spec'd-out 'play loops while auto-matching tempo and key' trick that is the core of Live is not something I'm very interested in pursuing in detail, but there's no reason that I can't make it a bit easier to add some audio looping stuff to a Numerology project... ;)

Cheers,
Jim

wowe... hold the phone there... theres gonna be a "pro" version at some point?
hee hee. what's that all about Jim? care to elaborate? that sounds exciting.

jim 02-04-2009 02:00 PM

I'll try to put together an 'official' post for later today...

Cheers,
Jim

mitch 02-04-2009 07:03 PM

I very much like the idea of real-time sample grabbing via Numerology. I also don't care much about the Ableton concept of 'warping' or anything like that - I'd be more interested in mangling recently-occurred stuff alongside whatever freakiness this program already allows me to create.

best,

-mm

yowza 02-06-2009 01:54 PM

Jim,

I know you said you'd make an official announcement soon (which I'll continue to patiently wait for) on the "pro" version of Numerology and I also see numerous references to version 2.1, so my question is, are the two versions one and the same? Will there be two versions of 2.1, normal and pro, or is 2.1 going to be the pro version?

Just curious.

Thanks!

Ed

jim 02-06-2009 04:16 PM

2.1 and the pro version are separate. 2.1 will come out a few weeks after 2.0.1 and will have the ChordSequencer and several other goodies. The Pro version will be out later this year and will be an optional, paid upgrade with "many advanced features". I *will* make an official post (to the news section), I just need to get some pressing tasks finished, then I can take the time to gather my thoughts and make a proper announcement.

Cheers,
Jim