View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Interesting -- I am glad you appreciate the benefits of using 2 DrumSeqs! -- though I also understand and want to support the need to work w/ 16 tracks at once. ... and there are some interesting 16-track drum things coming this way soon...

The new build w/ the new mapping is up now (http://www.five12.net/showthread.php?p=12856#post12856).

Just so everyone knows, here is how you can make your own module prototypes:

- Setup the DrumSeq, SampleKit (or *any* module) the way you like.
- Click the 'floppy disk' icon to bring up the presets for that module in the Browser.
- Drag the floppy icon to the Browser to save a preset, give it a good name.

Now you can create new modules with that preset file, just like w/ the built-in ones, by dragging it in from the 'User Modules' area. All the user module files are stored in
~/Music/Five12/Modules
And are grouped by module type.

But you can also create your own directories there and re-org modules the way you like. Prefix your custom directories with an underscore and they will be sorted to the top. You can also put a 'sort.txt' file in each directory to determine how the contents are sorted. The sort.txt file is just a list of the modules by name. Here is the one for the Factory NoteSequencer dir:

MonoNote
PolyNote
DrumSeq-8
DrumSeq-16
ChordSeq
MatrixSeq
MatrixArpeggiator

... No special notation or anything.

BTW: The Factory modules are stored in
~/Music/Five12/Application Support/Numerology/Modules

They are just module preset files, like everything else, so you can copy them to the user Modules area to use as a basis for your own module library.

You could even put your module preset files in there, HOWEVER, that directory will be overwritten each time I ship a version of Numerology w/ an update module library, so I recommend you don't do that!

Jim