View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 01:05 PM

Default I have a low low low CPU ceiling, bang hit my head again!

I really am getting frustrated after working with a very limiting CPU my 2.4 Ghz mid 2007 imac is just not playing nice.

I've been drooling over the new Retina macbook, but on reflection I must say I really just need more CPU power and next after that a screen. Soooo, I see that I could just about afford a new iMac without getting further in to Debt by much..

I would go for the 21.5" model upgraded to the 2.8 Ghz i7 to future proof my setup should my favourite programs support hyper threading a some point.

Would this be a good idea, or is the stock base model i5 2.5 quad core going to do well enough? I plan on upgrading the ram to the max allowable and perhaps also adding a SSD using in place of the DVD bay at some point.

Any ideas /suggestions and if anyone has the model in question and have been using it with CPU hungry plugs like Diva/Ace and Tassman I'd love to hear your experiences.

After much reading up it appears that the CPU gains in IVY bridge aren't that significant for my usage..

Regards

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 07-18-2012 at 01:08 PM.