Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 02-17-2019, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdoors View Post
Tried a preferences trash, and reactivation here on the Mojave box... no dice.

Numerology is fine stand alone, but instant crash of Cubase when loading the VST.

Anything else I could try?
If I am reading the uploaded crash reports correctly it looks like they are related to the Touch Bar on your MacBook Pro. Just for grins, try setting the Touch Bar to just show function keys -- System Prefs, Keyboard.

Jim
Old 02-18-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
If I am reading the uploaded crash reports correctly it looks like they are related to the Touch Bar on your MacBook Pro. Just for grins, try setting the Touch Bar to just show function keys -- System Prefs, Keyboard.

Jim

Hi Jim, no improvement here with the VST if the touch bar is set to F-keys.

(Incidentally... if you know of a setting that replaces the touchbar with hardware keys, then please let me know! ).

Gave 181 a try, same result in Cubase 10.0.15 (instant crash, every time, whether instrument or rack), and also had a crash in N4 standalone on closing N4 (not every time though).

Really missing numerology VST on this machine. Is there anything else to try?

John
Old 02-18-2019, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Hi Jim, no improvement here with the VST if the touch bar is set to F-keys.

(Incidentally... if you know of a setting that replaces the touchbar with hardware keys, then please let me know! ).

Gave 181 a try, same result in Cubase 10.0.15 (instant crash, every time, whether instrument or rack), and also had a crash in N4 standalone on closing N4 (not every time though).

Really missing numerology VST on this machine. Is there anything else to try?

John
Next step: Do a manual un-install & re-install -- this is to make sure that there aren't any corrupted files anywhere.

Uninstall:
- Quit all music apps.
- Delete ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/NumerologyVST.vst
- Delete ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/NumerologyAUMX.component
- Delete ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/NumerologyAU.component
- Delete ~/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/ReWire/NumerologyReWireDevice.plugin
- Rename ~/Music/Five12 -- you'll want to keep this around if you have saved controller setups, etc.

- If you run into any errors when deleting files, run the OS X Disk Utility

- Then re-install build 181. In N4's prefs, go to the Install page and un-install the ReWire driver, just in case the issue is there.

Jim
Old 02-19-2019, 11:37 AM

Thanks Jim, it's a little better, after doing this.

The behaviour is now the same on both machines (mojave and high sierra) -Numerology 181 works OK when I load the VST, but causes a crash of Cubase maybe 70% of the time when I unload numerology from a slot (or close a project which has Numerology VST loaded).

I guess that's manageable (as long as I remember not to unload Numerology instances without saving first). Anything else worth trying to bottom this out?
Old 02-20-2019, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks Jim, it's a little better, after doing this.

The behaviour is now the same on both machines (mojave and high sierra) -Numerology 181 works OK when I load the VST, but causes a crash of Cubase maybe 70% of the time when I unload numerology from a slot (or close a project which has Numerology VST loaded).

I guess that's manageable (as long as I remember not to unload Numerology instances without saving first). Anything else worth trying to bottom this out?
Thanks for the update, I'll check the crash logs -- I also have an update to v10 for my Cubase install coming soon...

Jim