Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 04-03-2010, 07:52 AM

I would really like to check out the mononote au.
Right now im really tempted to buy sugar bytes Thesys, but like to know if the five12 seq kit would be a better choice.
Is there any way I could test them ?
Old 04-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Well, of course I think the MonoNote AU would be a better choice... However, it is not yet ready for public consumption. I should have more news on it later this month. In the meanwhile, I'd recommend giving the current build a try in ReWire mode, esp. with a Launchpad attached...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 04-04-2010, 07:14 AM

Thanks Jim,
I had a go at numerology last night, running it in rewire mode, and i'm really impressed by it's possibilities.
I wonder though, does it have the same routing possibilities when using it as an au ?
I mean, can i stick a note quantizer or modulation module with the mono/polynote au ?
Or build anything that's possible in the rewire version ?
Old 04-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifaka View Post
Thanks Jim,
I had a go at numerology last night, running it in rewire mode, and i'm really impressed by it's possibilities.
I wonder though, does it have the same routing possibilities when using it as an au ?
I mean, can i stick a note quantizer or modulation module with the mono/polynote au ?
Or build anything that's possible in the rewire version ?
The MonoNote AU will not, but the goal of the full Numerology AU is to load an entire stack.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 04-11-2010, 12:04 PM

Jim,

Will there be both instrument and FX versions of the Audio Units?

Cheers.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaishya View Post
Will there be both instrument and FX versions of the Audio Units?
There will definitely be instrument versions of the sequencers, but I can't say about FX yet, at least ones with sequencers in them. The problem is that AU hosts often don't render FX plugins unless they have to, whether the transport is running or not, which causes obvious problems for transport-locked sequencers

Jim
Old 04-11-2010, 01:26 PM

OK, cheers.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaioconnell View Post
I guess it would be easier to explain with a picture, I can email one to illustrate better if you'd like. But what I had meant is that if, in advanced settings, I select [Seq Step Labels]=[Note Name], and put the seq in say, C Maj, it will move and display chromatically, while outputting diatonically. (ie the note display says Db3, even though it's really outputting D3) When moving the sliders, it would make life easier if it just said what the output would actually (D3) be, as opposed to what it would have been if I had selected chromatic scale mode. Same thing for intervals, I don't want to know that it would have been a ii when it's actually outputting a II whether I'm on the fader position for ii or II. if need be for other peoples compositional styles, there could be a switch to go between the current display method and the Diatonic Display Method (DDM- now trademarked in 13 counties and municipalities )
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Ahh, I see. Yes, I can understand the confusion. I can think of another issue as well : what if you want most notes to be in a scale (i.e. quantized), but want just one or two accidentals. Perhaps the set scale should force all notes and new notes into an acceptable value, but allow an option-drag to set an arbitrary note.

Really what is there right now is just a quantizer that is applied on output. I'm re-thinking the whole quantizer & scale thing in preparation for custom scales and tunings, so you can definitely expect some improvement there...
This issue seems important enough for me. Sounds pretty wrong to label the note with a wrong name/interval (when in scale mode). Are there still some quantizer & scale enhancements planned?

Thank you!
Old 12-06-2013, 01:51 PM

sounds like a can of worms. would rather interval sequencers display what they are actually set to personally. what if you are modulating the mode/scale or whatever. that would cause a lot of visual busy-ness gong on for the sake of displaying something you probably aren't paying a lot of attention to anyway. guess maybe for the mononote it might be ok, but for the interval cv sequencer module it's perfect as is, for me at least...
Old 12-06-2013, 03:20 PM

As far as I understand, this is (mainly) an issue with adapting the interval sequencer grid to a currently chosen scale. We are not talking about displaying the actual values of modulated notes. It is interesting: if there are some ideas from the developer side?