Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 08-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Default Progress: Build 11, 3.0 SE, Numerology AU

Just a quick update, I'll have more info on all these items soon...

- Build 11 is almost ready, I should have it out in the next few days.

- The first "Standard Edition" build is also moving along and will also be ready in a few days.

- While not yet ready for even a private beta, the Numerology AU is moving along nicely, picts below. I'll have a big update on this and a few changes to the overall roadmap soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NumAU-Preview1.jpg (210.1 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg NumAU-Preview2.jpg (202.2 KB, 173 views)
Old 08-31-2010, 08:32 AM

Good news! I was just going to ask you about this...
I'm curious how MIDI will be routed using an AU but you don't need to explain it in advance. As I understand it, AU's have inherent limitations so it will be interesting to see how that plays out in terms of workflow within a DAW (DP in my case).
Old 08-31-2010, 11:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorvague View Post
Good news! I was just going to ask you about this...
I'm curious how MIDI will be routed using an AU but you don't need to explain it in advance. As I understand it, AU's have inherent limitations so it will be interesting to see how that plays out in terms of workflow within a DAW (DP in my case).
There'll be a dedicated virtual MIDI out port for each plugin instance, and the ability to route directly to a secondary port (IAC, hardware, etc). A "clock offset" control in ms will allow you to tweak latency.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 08-31-2010, 11:25 AM
Numerologist

Hello,

there is a part of the picture that could make me happy:
The selection of the library: Standart

Standart means there is also a Advanced ????

Everything like the standalone Numerology ???

best
jue
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png (84.0 KB, 124 views)
Old 08-31-2010, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jue View Post
Standart means there is also a Advanced ????

Everything like the standalone Numerology ???
As with the standalone app, Numerology AU will have two versions: standard and Pro. The Pro version will have pretty much everything except for AU hosting, and various I/O options that don't make sense in the plugin environment (aux sends, etc.).

The standard version will be less feature-rich, but roughly comparable to what Numerology 3 SE has.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 08-31-2010, 02:33 PM

Screens look great.
Making more sense to me now... "midi output" drop menu to select a midi out on my Unitor 8 going to one of my hardware synths, and "audio in" to route the synths audio signal back in from my audio interface.

Is that right Jim?

Last edited by Logos Lover; 08-31-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logos Lover View Post
Screens look great.
Making more sense to me now... "midi output" drop menu to select a midi out on my Unitor 8 going to one of my hardware synths, and "audio in" to route the synths audio signal back in from my audio interface.

Is that right Jim?
Almost -- The MIDI Part is right, but there may not be an audio input on the plugin -- Most DAWs seem to have strong fixations on what they think "instruments" and "effects" are and how they should work, so they end up with all kinds of weird limitations... Regardless, you can always use a separate audio track to handle input from the hardware synth.

Cheers,
Jim

Last edited by jim; 08-31-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Almost -- The MIDI Part is right, but there may not be an audio input on the plugin -- Most DAWs seem to have strong fixations on what they think "instruments" and "effects" are and how they should work, so they end up with all kinds of weird limitations... Regardless, you can always use a separate audio track to handle input from the hardware synth.
I just checked the SilentWay Voice Controller (an AU Synth I know well) in Logic 9 and Live 8 and it seems to be able to handle audio input in both cases, so probably the Numerology AU will always have an audio input available, but having not implemented it yet, I can't yet list it as a sure thing.

Jim
Old 08-31-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Regardless, you can always use a separate audio track to handle input from the hardware synth.

Cheers,
Jim
In Logic 9 I use a separate midi track + audio track (with input monitoring on) for each of my hardware synths anyway, so thats no problem at all. The mononote AU track will just be working in the same way as the instrument midi track sending midi data to the hardware synth.

I nearly pulled the trigger on a MAQ 16/3 on Ebay over the weekend... so glad I didn't now !!

Cant wait for this Jim !!
Old 09-06-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
As with the standalone app, Numerology AU will have two versions: standard and Pro. The Pro version will have pretty much everything except for AU hosting, and various I/O options that don't make sense in the plugin environment (aux sends, etc.).
Jim
For some reason, I though that AU hosting was going to be a feature of your AUs. Is it just this one that won't, or all of them?