Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Third Party > Controllers

Old 10-14-2010, 01:38 PM

Default Using a BCR2000 with Numerology

I'm considering purchasing Numerology to use primarily as a sequencer for hardware synths. What I'd like to do is use Numerology as the sequencer, and control it with a BCR2000. Do any of you use a BCR2000 with Numerology to sequence hardware synths? If so, what sorts of control mappings work best for you?

Another thing I'd like to do is set it up so that a few of the templates on the BCR control Numerology and a few can be used to control synths. So, for instance, if I have 8 synths on midi channels 1 - 8 then I'd use midi channels 9 - 16 to control Numerology sequencers for those synths and any data on midi channels 1 - 8 would simply pass through the program unaltered. I presume that something like this is possible; is that a correct presumption? Thanks!
Old 10-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Administrator

I don't have a BCR2000 myself, but I think it should work fine. For each "MIDI Learned" param, Numerology stores both the CC # and the MIDI channel, so using MIDI channels to pick your control target is a good approach.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 10-15-2010, 01:11 AM

hi Poserp,
i've a BCR 2000 and i can confirm what Jim has tell.
You can use differrent BCR preset (on different channel) to control synth and numerology.
Before have the LP i used a lot the BCR to control the various Numerology sequencer.
DSI Mopho,Electribe Er-1 - Korg M3R - Korg wavestation A/D - Roland R8 Mk II - Korg A2 -Korg DSS1 - Korg Padkontrol - BCR 2000 - Novation Nocturne - some A100 modules- Numerology - Ableton live 6- Reaktor

http://www.quartzvisuals.com
http://dennisippolito.it
Old 03-01-2011, 02:56 AM

Hi everybody !!

On my BCR, I'm trying to control the level of my first virtual instrument on Stack one with CC N1 Midi Channel 1 & when I want to control the cut off of another virtual instrument with CC N1 Midi Channel 2 on Stack 2 with the same knob, both (volume & cut off) turns at the same time :s I changed the midi channel in the advanced parameters but nothing changed...

Wha can I do ??? ^^

Thanks a LOT =)
Old 03-01-2011, 04:52 AM

I think that you must use two different preset on ypour bcr: one with the CC1 ch1 and the other with CC1 on ch2
DSI Mopho,Electribe Er-1 - Korg M3R - Korg wavestation A/D - Roland R8 Mk II - Korg A2 -Korg DSS1 - Korg Padkontrol - BCR 2000 - Novation Nocturne - some A100 modules- Numerology - Ableton live 6- Reaktor

Old 03-01-2011, 04:58 AM

Hey thanks for answering ;-) Yes I'm using preset 1 to control my first virtual instrument & preset 2 for the second. In the Stack Input, I put Midi In : BCR 2000 but I can't choose one of the 16 channels... :s I don't know where I can specify I want midi channel 2, I tried in the advanced parameters but didn't work. Maybe with a midi module ? ..
Old 03-01-2011, 05:33 AM

here is a very simple stack with a mononote and the apple DLS synth ( i use this cause i dont know what virtual synth do you really using)

the volume of the stack is controlled by CC1 ch1 from the BCR preset 1

the tuning of the DLs is controlled by CC1 ch2 from the BCR preset 2

you must only change from preset 1 or 2 on you BCR, obviously you must edit your own preset on the BCR

hope this help

(sorry if this is'nt very clear but my english is really bad)

diego
Attached Files
File Type: zip bcr2000.nmp.zip (7.0 KB, 5 views)

Old 03-01-2011, 05:56 AM

I have a BCR-2000 and like it a lot. Especially the LED indicators of current position make it a very nice MIDI controller imho.

For remote control of sequencing with Numerology, I have used various setups, since the way I use Numerology varies quite a bit between projects.

One setup that I liked a lot in fact used 2 BCR-2000s (one borrowed from a friend), so I could have 3 'fixed' rows of 16 knobs (2x8) for e.g. interval, velocity and gate of a MonoNote or a combination of 'discrete' sequencers, with 2 rows of 16 buttons for e.g. Mute and Skip, and then use the top 2 (x 4!) rows for various synth and effects parameters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
I don't have a BCR2000 myself, but I think it should work fine. For each "MIDI Learned" param, Numerology stores both the CC # and the MIDI channel, so using MIDI channels to pick your control target is a good approach.
May I use this occasion as well to bump my wish for Numerology to (optionally?) discriminate between MIDI ports as well. This would make using multiple controllers simultaneously more usable, especially when using the "Reflect Learned MIDI CC's" feature (and large numbers of parameters) I would like to avoid Numerology 'spamming' unnecessary CC# all over the place.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choobi View Post
Hey thanks for answering ;-) Yes I'm using preset 1 to control my first virtual instrument & preset 2 for the second. In the Stack Input, I put Midi In : BCR 2000 but I can't choose one of the 16 channels... :s I don't know where I can specify I want midi channel 2, I tried in the advanced parameters but didn't work. Maybe with a midi module ? ..
I'm not sure I exactly understand your problem, but you may want to try and insert a MIDI filter module between the MIDI input and the next module in your stack; this allows you to specify a MIDI Input channel and/or a MIDI output channel. Hope this helps somehow...
Old 03-01-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjoerd View Post
I'm not sure I exactly understand your problem, but you may want to try and insert a MIDI filter module between the MIDI input and the next module in your stack; this allows you to specify a MIDI Input channel and/or a MIDI output channel. Hope this helps somehow...
You exactly understood my problem and brought me the solution ---> Midi Filter Thank you VERY much for your help friends =)