Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 08-18-2009, 03:20 PM

Oh, I'm sorry my guess wasn't correct. Wonder what that could be then? Does the MIDI come out tight under other host applications?
soundcloud.com/pboy
Old 08-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
Jim, maybe i overlooked something in your posts about AU version.

Is it true that only mono note module goes AU or all the other modules as well ?
Lemme clear things up :

I would imagine that, when opening numerology as an audio unit, it opens normally as if numerology was openend stand alone.

In the audio unit window you can then make your own stack and then sent midi stuff via the virtual port to logic.

Or am i totally wrong in my assumption that it will work this way ?

Kind regards,

Rob van Hees
For now, the plugin is just hosting the MonoNote. The idea was to spend a few days to see how far I could get, with the assumption that doing just a single Note Sequencer would be easier than the whole app. The assumption turned out to be correct, as it only took about 4 days to get running reasonably well. However, I will say I got very lucky with some potentially difficult technical issues.

In addition, focusing on just the MonoNote has helped clarify what makes sense from a user's perspective for Numerology-style sequencing within another host. In particular, it seems to be very nice to start with something very simple (pick a sequencer), then move on from there. That approach also mirrors how I plan to proceed on a programming level:

I will next add enough stack functionality to enable presets, then audio unit hosting, and so on. Eventually I think you will be able to at least load in or create a full Numerology stack, but rather than dump that all in at once, I think it makes more sense to approach it step by step.

I don't know what the final product plan will be yet, but I am currently thinking that I will finish this plugin as just the MonoNote and release that as a new introductory product at a very competitive price. Anyone with a full Numerology license could use it for free, and new users could pick it up real
cheap (less than $50 US).

Following that, I am thinking that there will be more plugins, probably as part of a package whose functions will steadily grow over time.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 08-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjoerd View Post
Saving is for wimps.

Can I haz AU nau?
Send me a short email (info at five12 dot com) and I'll put you on the private testers list. That goes for anyone else interested also. I'll have a more formal announcement on this later today.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 08-19-2009, 09:47 AM

plugin version is great news. thanks jim!
the only thing I wish for now is using Numerology directly inside AudioMulch. since AM is VST only, NM plugin is AU only for now, I'm sure it will happen one day....
Old 08-19-2009, 01:50 PM

To Jim : I am very anxious to test the mono note AU version.

Could you please put me on the testers list ?

Also anxious to know if it has a tight midi output for recording in Logic 9 ...
(So hopefully no "eloquence - alike " problems

Kind regards,

Rob
Old 08-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Administrator

You just need to send me an email....

I have not tested the timing yet.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 09-01-2009, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
I don't know what the final product plan will be yet, but I am currently thinking that I will finish this plugin as just the MonoNote and release that as a new introductory product at a very competitive price. Anyone with a full Numerology license could use it for free, and new users could pick it up real
cheap (less than $50 US).

Following that, I am thinking that there will be more plugins, probably as part of a package whose functions will steadily grow over time.
Sorry about the late reply, I have been looking in for a bit. This is all sounding really promising, and all I'd like to add is that even if you add more plugins, it'd be really good if you kept each one small and lightweight. I can see myself instantiating a bunch of these smaller plugins within a Bidule layout. Anything needing a more heavyweight setup would probably be better served by all those alternatives you were outlining in the original plugin vs rewire thread.

And keeping the plugins lightweight would make a great point of distinction between the plugins and the core product.

All I need to do now is send that email to belatedly join the test list.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlinger View Post
plugin version is great news. thanks jim!
the only thing I wish for now is using Numerology directly inside AudioMulch. since AM is VST only, NM plugin is AU only for now, I'm sure it will happen one day....
my thoughts exactly...
Old 09-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Administrator

I'll evaluate the VST (on mac) options after the AU is shipping and the pro version is released.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 09-17-2009, 08:15 AM

It's been real quiet around here......