Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 03-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Default Numerology 2.3, Launchpad & Automap Update

I've poked around a bit with the Automap Universal SDK, and even implemented a very basic client, but can't find a way to keep control of the Launchpad while keeping the Automap Server up. I've emailed Novation for support, will post here when I get more information.

Jim
Old 03-04-2010, 08:01 PM

Is this something that would work with other automap hardware? Just curious - down the line I think I'll need a keyboard with aftertouch, I haven't been impressed by the build quality of the Novation stuff, but if there's some neat integration /shrug
Old 03-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xherv View Post
Is this something that would work with other automap hardware? Just curious - down the line I think I'll need a keyboard with aftertouch, I haven't been impressed by the build quality of the Novation stuff, but if there's some neat integration /shrug
We'll have to wait and see. N3 Pro will have some very fancy support for controller hardware, most of which will work with anything that meets some very simple requirements (8 knobs or faders along with at least 8 buttons). This feature will lean heavily on having on-screen displays to track what the hardware can control, since many controllers don't have much in the way of on-board displays. That is what makes the launchpad unique: the multi-colored LED's and extra-grid buttons make it relatively easy to indicate status w/o having to have anything on-screen.

I have a Remote 25 SL and I may add some extra support for the LED displays, but I don't know yet if automap is the right way to approach it. My guess is that I will implement a generic solution first and then pursue device-based solutions on a case-by-case basis.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 03-05-2010, 05:34 PM

I'll just chime in here--I have two novation controllers but completely avoid using automap. I love how your launchpad support for numerology lets us bypass that cluster@#$@# of an application. I think automap is a good idea in theory that didn't really pan out in practice. So I like how you are considering circumventing it :
Old 03-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Administrator

My main concern isn't whether you can run Automap with the Launchpad, but let's say that you have both a Launchpad and a Nocturn or RemoteSL. You should then be able to use the Launchpad just with Numerology, while still having Automap up for the other controller.

Jim
Old 03-07-2010, 01:37 PM

Thanks for the replies, I think what I should try to avoid is a bad layer of indirection between hardware & software, so these points are pretty interesting.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:22 PM

Don't know if this is of any use - I'm not sure if it's a Live feature or a Launchpad feature:

Launchpad:toggle between automap and regular mode!
Old 03-09-2010, 01:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaishya View Post
Don't know if this is of any use - I'm not sure if it's a Live feature or a Launchpad feature:

Launchpad:toggle between automap and regular mode!
It seems to work! Now I just need to add a hook to turn it on/off more easily for Numerology... Good catch!

Jim
Old 03-09-2010, 12:33 PM

Glad I could help