Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 01-21-2014, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Yes, as mentioned in zaxmalloy's post:
- Check that your copy of N4 is build 127. If not, use "Check for Updates" -- or email me for a link...
- You can also check the main AU dir to see what versions are there:
<your hard drive>/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

Both NumerologyAU.component and NumerologyAUMX.component should be there.

Jim
Hi Jim,

One thing I'm running into, more obnoxious than anything, is that every time I start N4 SE, I am greeted with a dialog box saying it hasn't been authorized on this computer (See screen cap). Now, I went through the normal authorization procedures on installation. So, when I select yes, it informs me it's now been authorized.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:06 PM

Thanks for the great update! One question: Is step probability mapped on Launchpad? If so, which button controls it?
Old 01-21-2014, 10:11 PM

It looks like Step Probability is mapped to the Jump button on the Launchpad.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxmalloy View Post
Hi Jim,

One thing I'm running into, more obnoxious than anything, is that every time I start N4 SE, I am greeted with a dialog box saying it hasn't been authorized on this computer (See screen cap). Now, I went through the normal authorization procedures on installation. So, when I select yes, it informs me it's now been authorized.

See this post for a fix:
http://www.five12.net/showthread.php?t=2580

I'm still trying to decide on the correct way for N4 to handle it -- I can either detect when that issue happens and tell the user what to do, or detect when it happens and delete the directory via a script. Probably I'll go for the first option...

Jim
Old 01-22-2014, 12:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe97 View Post
It looks like Step Probability is mapped to the Jump button on the Launchpad.
Bingo -- It's a secondary mode on that button. I have to go back and re-enable a 3rd mode (Glide) for the MonoNote -- that's one I actually use myself...

I'll also be adding a secondary page to "Seq Ctl" w/ a 4 octave keyboard for getting at semitone offset....
Old 01-22-2014, 12:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupler View Post
just a few bugs I've found with the MIDI AU..

I am getting this error a lot: "There was an error writing an AU Preset for Numerology. Error code: 1001".. My guess is it is caused by me using an imported Stack which normally contains some AUs and AU FX, and maybe it's trying to save the presets for those AUs in the stack. don't know..
That is probably tied to a specific module type -- I run a test and check all modules again...

Quote:
Also, the plugin is continuing to output to the "NumerologyAU Out 1" internal port. This is no longer needed, of course! Is there any way to turn that off?
Yes, tell the developer to turn it off -- ... I will...

Quote:
oh yeah, also, at a high buffer size of 1024, it gets out of sync.. putting it to a smaller value fixes this. i have a feeling this one might be a tricky one..
Lovely, will add to the test list...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 01-22-2014, 12:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenk View Post
I took the plunge and upgraded to Mavericks (not sure what I think about that, yet).

The Numerology Logic MIDI Fx is working great and really a lot of fun!

Thank you very much, Jim
Yeah!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenk View Post
I have one question for Logic users: what is the easiest way of saving MIDI out from Numerology MIDI Fx? I am using Midi Fx Freeze from AudioCR, but is it easier to use Numerology MIDI Fx itself?
Also: check out the leetle MIDI note icon on the Stack Out module -- when it is blue or gray you can drag it to anything that takes MIDI files. Blue means it's 'fresh', gray means you've edited the stack and need to play it for a bar or two to re-fresh the MIDI clip...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 01-22-2014, 05:14 PM

Maybe I'm crazy... but I opened N4 after the update, and it loaded the last project/stack I was working in, but the two mononotes I had have had all their steps reset to 0/default o.O

The key, the steps, every setting is back to like I had just loaded a fresh Mononote. Now I was working on a drone/ambienty thing and it still sounds like it should, so I'm really lost as to what happened, or possibly just insane.

I mean it sounds right, and it is moving at 2 whole notes per step... lol.

Nm, on subsequent opening it appears to be okay

Last edited by KrisM; 01-23-2014 at 12:28 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:15 PM

Logic implementation is very nice. Been pumping out ENO-esque aleatoric music for the last hour with N4, Logic's Electric Piano and Valhalla Vintage Verb.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Also: check out the leetle MIDI note icon on the Stack Out module -- when it is blue or gray you can drag it to anything that takes MIDI files. Blue means it's 'fresh', gray means you've edited the stack and need to play it for a bar or two to re-fresh the MIDI clip...

Cheers,
Jim
When I used the drag and drop method of exporting MIDI from Numerology, I got an export of the stack as it was written.

When I used MIDI fx freeze plugin, I recorded the MIDI as I was manipulating the stack in real time.

So unless I am doing something wrong, it is nice to have two different ways of exporting MIDI from Numerology to Logic.

The other upgrades in Numerology 4 have been fun to play with too!