Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 07-26-2011, 12:51 AM
Administrator

Default Numerology 3.1 Build 43

Still several tweaks coming, but wanted to get this out there to handle some bug issues, and I'm curious for some feedback on the updated ModSeq/Launchpad mapping...

PRO: http://www.five12.com/NumerologyPro-3.1-Build43.dmg
SE: http://www.five12.com/NumerologySE-3.1-Build43.dmg

Numerology 3.1 (Build 43)

New Stuff:

PolyNote / Launchpad : The Play page is now implemented and supports 'overdub' recording into the Polynote sequence, modulo the built-in limitations of that sequencer -- specifically, all notes on step share the same gate value.

Launchpad : You can now push User2 + The "topmost" scene button to start/stop the transport (App & ReWire modes...)

Modulation Seq / Launchpad : The mapping has been cleaned up and is now 'officially' supported. The edit page setup is a bit more convoluted than I'd like but it satisfies some important goals, so let's all try it and see how it works out. The goals are to make it fast and reliable to set the maximum, minimum and median values for any sequence, and to allow for as many other values as possible within the limits of what can be done with 8 buttons per column. Here's how it works:

- The top row always sets the maximum value for the sequence.
- The bottom row always sets the maximum value for the sequence.
- The middle value for the sequence (often critical for modulation), can always be set by pushing the grid button on rows 4 or 5 twice -- just like centering the pan value on the Mixer/Pan page.
- Setting rows 2 thru 7 sets values in increments of 1/8th of the total sequence range, as appropriate.
- If you push and hold any button, an 'expanded value adjustment' mode is entered whereby you can make finer-increment adjustments to a value. In this mode, the column with the red grid button is the fine adjust column, select any other value within that column to make fine adjustments to the 'base value' chosen in the original column.

Fixes & Updates:

- Fixed various issues with the "Free Trial" version.
- Changed Demo mode to mute output for 20 seconds every 2 minutes.
- Fixed a routing problem with very large stacks.
- MIDI : MIDI "Polyphonic Aftertouch" (aka. aftertouch in the MIDI spec) message are now properly parsed on MIDI inputs and pass through and/or sent to AU's as appropriate.
- Launchpad : Fixed a problem where the 'rack edit' page was often frozen when opening a new project. This should be fixed in all modes (App, ReWire, AU, VST)...
- Sequencers / Launchpad : when icrementing the section, all sequencer now auto-extend their max size if necessary.
- Scroll Wheel / Trackpad Scrolling now works on the module scroll bar.
- PolyNote : in "XXL" size mode, removed some un-necessary "white space"
- PolyNote : scroll wheel / trackpad scrolling now works properly over the 'gate' and 'velocity' areas.
- N3 AU/VST : fixed a drawing bug related to the modules prototype list
Old 07-26-2011, 02:45 AM

weirdness on 10.6.8 running NI Kore and Battery. flakey transport and crashed on 1st launch. sent the crash report when prompted w/the dialogue box.

the pattern plays but the GUI doesn't cycle through the notes. i'll keep trying and see if anything changes.

this didn't happen in build 41. maybe i'll go back to that one and wait for next round of updates.

EDIT: ok - seems 100% fine now.. so maybe just that first launch was being weird.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:02 AM

Thumbs up Numerology 3.1 Build 43

Thank you so much for this great update jim.
Now I can use the Launchpad to modulate complex CC# Parameter of my Yamaha RS7000 or the microKorgs. The Launchpad works finely with the CV ModulationSeq for now.

cheers from germany

Yamaha RS7000, 2xmicroKorg, DR-550 MKII, Roland EG-101, MB33 Analog Bass Synth Expander, TC E. C300 Compresser, PowerBook G4 12" Tascam FireOne, Launchpad, a lot of Guitar Effects, Wii Controller, Doepfer PocketC etc.

http://myspace.com/djheikotnt
http://facebook.com/heikotnt
http://twitter.com/Heiko_TNT
Old 07-26-2011, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatius View Post
weirdness on 10.6.8 running NI Kore and Battery. flakey transport and crashed on 1st launch. sent the crash report when prompted w/the dialogue box.

the pattern plays but the GUI doesn't cycle through the notes. i'll keep trying and see if anything changes.

this didn't happen in build 41. maybe i'll go back to that one and wait for next round of updates.

EDIT: ok - seems 100% fine now.. so maybe just that first launch was being weird.
When Num 3.1 starts up, it looks for any crash logs that were created since the last startup, and asks to send them up to the five12 server. The log you saw was actually from an earlier build. What I need to do is to change the wording so that when an older crash is detected, it doesn't seem like something that just happened.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 07-26-2011, 04:18 PM

Default Interesting things happening

Interesting things happening in Numerology land.. I'm still working exclusively within Numerology for my music making. I even use it to record my piano improvs.. That is as a raw recorder into a aiff file and a midi file.. Editing improvisations ha, let the mistakes finders come and get me!!!

Thanks for the amazing updates, of late...
Regards

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 07-26-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:36 PM

Jim,

In the modulation seq, 'expanded value adjustment' page, what do the 3 columns in between the column that I am find adjusting and the red fine adjust column represent? Their behavior seems to be that they just edit the modulation values for that section in the normal, non-fine manner.

Great update! This is the software that most excites me when an update comes down the pipe, and I own quite a bit of software. The sequencing patchability, VST/AU and Launchpad functionality is what really does it for me. Thanks again, Jim!
Old 07-26-2011, 05:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by renderful View Post
In the modulation seq, 'expanded value adjustment' page, what do the 3 columns in between the column that I am find adjusting and the red fine adjust column represent? Their behavior seems to be that they just edit the modulation values for that section in the normal, non-fine manner.
I call that the 'trumpet' -- it is just a visual indicator that the red dot is a fine adjustment on the main column.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renderful View Post
Great update! This is the software that most excites me when an update comes down the pipe, and I own quite a bit of software. The sequencing patchability, VST/AU and Launchpad functionality is what really does it for me. Thanks again, Jim!
Groovy, thanks!

Jim
Old 07-26-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
The Launchpad works finely with the CV ModulationSeq for now.
this is so cool!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:07 PM

Thanks for this essential update! Is it now possible to use two or more Launchpads at the same time?
Old 07-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe97 View Post
Thanks for this essential update! Is it now possible to use two or more Launchpads at the same time?
Not yet, that will come later...

Cheers,
Jim