Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 11-26-2013, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Default Numerology 4 Pro Build 121

Fixes:

- Fixed a crash that could occur when using the Modules Browser w/ the ParamMod module.
- Controller Setup: Fixed a problem where not all MIDI ports were showing up.
- Groove Clock: Fixed a problem where not all MIDI ports were showing up.
- Module menu : removed the (old) module import/export options.
- Fixed a problem with the "Add A Note Sequencer" here placeholder.
- VST/AU / Launchpad : fixed a problem where the 'Presets' page on the Launchpad was not responding to button presses.

Some Notable Issues:
- The Controller Setup dialog in the plugins doesn't have MIDI menus. I'll have this fixed in a few days -- until then, you can use the app to setup controllers.
- Ableton Push: The main issue is that Numerology needs to be smarter about when 'User' mode is enabled on the Push. If you have Live & N4 running and then enable 'User' mode, it should work properly.
- Importing modules with parameter modulation setup (i.e. LFO, ModSeq, Envelope) can cause a crash.
- Crashes with N4 ReWire & Logic. Some folks have reported crashes in Logic if the N4 ReWire driver is installed. If you are one of those folks, please send me an email for further instructions.

There are several other issues, but those are the the ones that have been more common. Actually the most common issue seems to have been getting N4 activations to 'stick'. There's a workaround, but I'm looking to get a simpler solution going. Overall, things are going pretty well --- and many thanks for everyone for sending in their bug reports! The issues I've listed above and most others that I've been notified about should be fixed in the next few days.

To Download: Follow the same steps as you did for the earlier beta -- I've updated the link to the new build. Alternatively, if you have a direct URL, just replace "120" with "121".

Cheers,
Jim
Old 11-26-2013, 10:55 PM

Thumbs up

Way to go Jim. I can report this has solved the "missing MIDI devices" problem in the Controller panel for me. Still not showing everything in the Sync Set up panel(missing some MIDI patchbay channels).

The RTA Record is working on the Launchpad, still not working on the Push (I assume that the illuminated "automation" button is supposed to do that).

When using N4 as AU/VST with the Push in Ableton the volume(won't show the page when pressed), pan&send(same as volume), clip (same as volume), device(works), browse(works), and automation(won't trigger RTA record) buttons don't illuminate. The Launchpad is working rock solid just like it used to.

The only other thing I've noticed is when dragging in a new note sequencer (say MonoNote), it automatically chooses the first MIDI device in the list as the output instead of "none".

Pretty wild having two surfaces controlling N4 at one time, Great work Jim.

cheers
Old 11-27-2013, 09:48 AM

"Add a Note Sequencer" now working as expected.
Thanks Jim! :-)
Also is there any documentation on the RTA feature (what is is and how to use it)? :-)
Cheers,
Scott

Last edited by rexlapin; 11-27-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:35 PM

Default check

Re: RTA, have a look at this thread: http://five12.net/showthread.php?t=2...omation&page=2

Am I right that the only way of updating to the latest N4 so far is over N3's upgrade dialog? (I already own a N4 license)

Oh and thank you Jim for the quick update! Now able to rock it with the LP, excitement!!

Last edited by Lücke; 11-27-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:45 PM

Thanks for the link to the RTA information! :-) I had seemed
to remember seeing it somewhere but it was further back in
the posts than expected.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:45 AM

should this update be automatically downloaded and installed?
doesn't seem to work
Old 11-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by verstaerker View Post
should this update be automatically downloaded and installed?
doesn't seem to work
Automatic 'new release' checking isn't active just yet. If you use the 'N4 download' button in N3.2 build70's 'upgrade' dialog, you should get N4 build 121.... However: I'll have a new N4 build out this afternoon...

Jim
Old 11-30-2013, 01:58 PM

Default Cannot find the Upgrade option

Hello Jim and Community,

I have owned Numerology 3 SE for some time. I check back every now and again to see if N4 has been released. I was happy today of course.

I installed the 70 build as directed, but I did not get a upgrade dialog. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Old 11-30-2013, 06:26 PM

I think the upgrade dialog is currently only in copies of Numerology 3 Pro with the SE to come later. N4 is still officially a beta,
although those who have access to the beta version can purchase it.
I wish I had better news for you but I think you will have access very soon. :-)
Cheers,
Scott

Last edited by rexlapin; 11-30-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:31 PM

Default Thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexlapin View Post
I think the upgrade dialog is currently only in copies of Numerology 3 Pro with the SE to come later. N4 is still officially a beta,
although those who have access to the beta version can purchase it.
I wish I had better news for you but I think you will have access very soon. :-)
Cheers,
Scott
Thanks Scott for taking the time to tell me what's up. I can be patient, but looking forward to N4.