Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Music > Your Music

Old 07-26-2011, 06:01 AM

Default Headphone Science - Raumdämonen

Sorry for the self-spam here, but just wanted to spread a little word on my new album that's available today. 90% was made with Numerology (some controlled with Pages) and a little Live here and there. Mostly all Numerology though and without this program this album couldn't be possible. So proud to release something made with such an awesome piece of software. Jim you really changed my musical process and I thank you immensely (I will be sending you a free download link soon to your {info(at)five12(dot)com} email as a thank you gift. Hope that will be ok).

So the album's called "Raumdämonen" and is released by Enpeg (http://enpeg.com). The music is on some ambient, free jazz, electroacoustic, computer music type stuff. Kind of hard to describe, very cinematic feeling. If purchased from Enpeg or n5Mailorder, a bonus 4-track EP titled "Otto Gross Returns!!!" is included. Better yet, here's a cut/paste of the description of the album:
Headphone Science returns with the rather ghostly "Raumdämonen". Described as an experiment in existential string theory, "Raumdämonen" organically twists & morphs it's way combining elements of Ambient, Free Jazz, Electroacoustic & Computer Music. "Raumdämonen" (meaning "Space Demon" in German) is set in a basis that no matter what parallel universe (or dot on the timeline) the same evil will always exist. Just as the weight of Sisyphus' boulder, with every trip up the hill, will always weigh him down. From the crucifixion of Jesus to the Holocaust to the American government to the 'Space Demons' in our not so distant futures, the same evil will always have to be carried and a struggle with it's weight will constantly be felt.

Also, exclusive to Enpeg & n5Mailorder purchases, a bonus EP titled "Otto Gross Returns!!!" will be included. A 4-track EP that continues the same vein "Raumdämonen" sets, albeit a little lighter in tone.
FLAC version: http://enpeg.com/discography.php?catno=53
MP3 version: http://n5mailorder.com/release/1511/...ce-Raumdamonen

Also, available from iTunes and such, but no bonus EP with those purchases.

Here is also a video to one of the songs off the album:
http://youtu.be/fmJj6Pi3Ogw

K, once again, sorry for the self-spam, just wanted to spread word a little. Super happy to finally get something out there made with Numerology that organically grew from nothing. Hope I can get more people to use this software. Love to show it's potential (although I always feel I'm just scratching the surface).

---------------------------------------------------------------|

(updated) Here's a review for "Raumdämonen" over at Igloo Magazine.
http://igloomag.com/reviews/headphon...mdamonen-enpeg
Quote:
Imaginary soundtracks to a medieval flight through time and space; various, subtle chants, sporadic strands of unintelligible electrical debris, and an auditory scan through life, Raumdämonen is Dustin Craig’s latest musical stint as Headphone Science. After having our ears completely wrapped around the now three-year old minimally introspective-dub of Painted with Symbolic Interaction (2008), Headphone Science is back to animate more of these peculiar implosions of sound.

Speckles of noise, chaos and derailed experiments roll across the floor with bass-laden undercurrents. Perhaps the artists’ intent, but each track dispels clutter with a sense of unified layering. Spacious flows of analogous tones flutter about like children in a playground; spinning in circles without any stress or concern. Eight tracks run tangent to Morton Subotnick’s “Silver Apples of the Moon” with a more organic mood allowing each piece to flourish in its own vein. Minimalistic flux and the continual push of low-traveling emissions has Headphone Science bypassing the beaten path and falling straight into a pool of submerged buzz-drones that keep clicking away at the surface.

Raumdämonen is out now on Enpeg and also comes with a gratis Otto Gross Returns!!! EP; yet another raw-energy blaze of fuzzy machinery and drenched, low-frequency flickering worth your time (and space).

Last edited by hdsc; 08-10-2011 at 04:36 PM. Reason: added a review
Old 07-26-2011, 03:26 PM

Default Hello HDSC

I just checked out the video, very moody great images, the sounds fill in the voids..

Quite impressed.

Thanks for posting this!

Wade
Old 07-27-2011, 01:53 AM

Thanks for the kind words Wade.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdsc View Post
Thanks for the kind words Wade.
Well, now I just bought "Raumdämonen", we Numerology users need to back one another up.. I'm going to do some serious listening of your works here, and will be asking you some questions about your working methods..

Now I'm going to chillout and listen....

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 07-27-2011 at 04:09 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdsc View Post
Sorry for the self-spam here, but just wanted to spread a little word on my new album that's available today. 90% was made with Numerology (some controlled with Pages) and a little Live here and there. Mostly all Numerology though and without this program this album couldn't be possible. So proud to release something made with such an awesome piece of software. Jim you really changed my musical process and I thank you immensely (I will be sending you a free download link soon to your {info(at)five12(dot)com} email as a thank you gift. Hope that will be ok).
Totally ok, thanks much! I'm downloading it now (and really digging the video...). FYI: any music-promo type postings that involve Numerology in some way are always welcome!

Cheers,
Jim
Old 07-28-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoToneshuzz View Post
Well, now I just bought "Raumdämonen", we Numerology users need to back one another up.. I'm going to do some serious listening of your works here, and will be asking you some questions about your working methods..

Now I'm going to chillout and listen....
Awesome, thanks for the purchase Wade. Super appreciate it. Hope you enjoy.

I completely agree about Numerology users needing to support each other. We should maybe setup an all Numerology compilation. Could be a cool thing to see/hear what everyone's been doing.

You can also ask any questions, I'm an open book and I'll try to answer as best I can (or as best as I can remember, heh). I'm all over the place with approaches and executions. Always experimenting.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Totally ok, thanks much! I'm downloading it now (and really digging the video...). FYI: any music-promo type postings that involve Numerology in some way are always welcome!

Cheers,
Jim
So awesome you're listening Jim. Of all the years I've been creating, I've never been aware of a creator of a software ever listening to the music I've created using their software. So super cool in my computer musician mind.

Hope you enjoy.