Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Eurorack Hardware > Vector Sequencer

Old 01-20-2019, 10:01 PM
Administrator

Default Vector : FEATURE REQUESTS

Post your feature requests for the Vector here!

Jim
Old 01-21-2019, 05:24 AM

I would love to see Numerology’s live recording mode
Old 01-21-2019, 08:31 PM

My goodness: how can you read minds with such precision?! As I made my morning coffee I was asking myself whether it was too early to send feature requests for the Vector. (True story!)

1 - Add a new target PARAM for SUB-SEQ 1&2, so the sub-sequences can modify another Part's Velocity. I use Velocity outputs aplenty as CV sources across my rig and would love to use the sub-sequencers to modify the output. (If there's already a way to do so, please let me know.)

2 - *FIXED in 1.0.7 (Allow REC:THRU to send its signals without the transport running.)

3 - Add a way to delete a PROJ from the LOAD PROJECT (Shift+Global) page. It seems the only ways to delete a project at the moment are: overwrite a new project using the same name as an existing one, or mount the SD card from a computer and delete the source files.

Those are three off the top of my head. Still having a blast. It has completely changed how I work with my system to the point where I've booked my first gig at a local electronic open-mike night.

Thank you!

-Anton

Last edited by RitualAudio; 01-31-2019 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:43 AM

I only just got started with the Vector yesterday, but here goes! Two feature ideas I’d like to see added to the Vector:

1 - Transpose destination from CV input.

2 - Master/slave parts, slaved parts play the same step position as master, including chance jump to step operations, but also direction, starting step, step length etc. Preferably with the option to turn this behavior on/off per part.

Cheers!

Last edited by Dark Barn; 01-23-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:49 PM

Just got my vector sequencer in today and already I am loving it!

Here are a few ideas, I'm sure I will have more once I've spent more time with it!

Scale masks, rotatable via CV (similar to the OC quantizers)
Diatonic scale transposition
The ability for gates and pitches to have different loop lengths
The ability to load scala files
Old 01-24-2019, 02:08 PM

Very early hours here, blown away to be honest and it’s only arrived today. A couple of early thoughts. New in, I might be missing something, also I have no idea if these are possible or even if they fit your vision of the module and it’s UI.

Suggestions:
- More ext modulation sources, e.g. other parts, or midi ins. Could we set Mod Ext SRC to a midi input’s CC, note value, or a specific key?
- Could we use parts for midi-cv duties without record and run being engaged? (suggest to implement a Part Type ‘thru’ in global settings, and allow a midi input and channel to be selected for each part somewhere). Envisaging getting rid of one of my my separate midi-cv modules if this was possible.
- Part Type ‘LFO’
- could numerical chord degree and inversion indication be possible in Chord mode? E.g. I, II, III etc.
- Could we have the arp modes from Numerology Chordseq for Chord parts? (this is one thing I would really love to have in Vector).
- Could gate or velocity outputs be configured to output envelopes by any chance?
- CV control of scale
- Use J-Trigs as modulation (suggest extra mod page 'MOD TRIGS' allowing J-Trigs set to EXT to be used to transpose, Reverse, Gen, Evo, etc)

One small bug report:
- when select is used in repeat page, turning the 9th encoder jumps all selected values to 8X immediately and won’t turn them back down. [v1.07]

Like I say.... amazing module, well done on getting this to us and thanks for all your work on what is a very inspiring sequencer.

John

Last edited by blackdoors; 01-25-2019 at 01:43 AM.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:23 PM

Already bounced a few things off Jim, I know some of these have been mentioned already-

Stacked chance ops per step

Wraparound the previous and next buttons (so if you are looking at steps 57-64, next takes you back to 1-8)

Transpose as a target of Mod1 and 2
Old 01-31-2019, 05:55 PM

Oh, uno mas (who am I kidding, I have a bunch of ideas...)

Reorder the chance ops pages, so first you select type, then probability. Makes more sense to me to do it that way.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:12 PM

How about an option for the display to follow the steps (so when you have sequence longer than 8 steps, it automatically will show what is actually playing)?
Old 02-01-2019, 06:26 PM

Sorry, one more. For the sub sequencers, there are triplets and dotted available for the shorter divisions, but in the other direction, there are only even amounts. Could those be added?