Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Third Party > Controllers

Old 01-22-2014, 10:57 AM

Default Launchpad removing notes doesn't remove gate

In numerology 4 I've noticed that removing a note from a sequencer (in my case the mononote) leaves the gate up which makes a pitch still sound. This seems very unintuitive to me. Is this a bug or the intended functionality? Is there a workaround? It's really awkward to have to drop down to the gate page every time I want to change a melody.

I've also noticed that the random chance page doesn't paginate. The values stay the same and the left right arrows don't go to steps 9-16+ if the sequence is longer than 8.

I figured I'd check first to see if these should be submitted as bugs or not.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscorefunk View Post
In numerology 4 I've noticed that removing a note from a sequencer (in my case the mononote) leaves the gate up which makes a pitch still sound. This seems very unintuitive to me. Is this a bug or the intended functionality? Is there a workaround? It's really awkward to have to drop down to the gate page every time I want to change a melody.
I haven't seen that behavior -- the MonoNote should mute any step that you 'turn off' on the edit page. It doesn't change the gate though -- to preserve the gate value, it just mutes. The next time it happens for you, email me a copy of the project, and list which module & step you thought should be muted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscorefunk View Post
I've also noticed that the random chance page doesn't paginate. The values stay the same and the left right arrows don't go to steps 9-16+ if the sequence is longer than 8.
That one I know about - it's on a list with a bunch of other launchpad tweaks...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 01-22-2014, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
I haven't seen that behavior -- the MonoNote should mute any step that you 'turn off' on the edit page. It doesn't change the gate though -- to preserve the gate value, it just mutes. The next time it happens for you, email me a copy of the project, and list which module & step you thought should be muted.
Scratch that -- Just replicated... New build coming shortly...

Jim
Old 01-22-2014, 04:16 PM

Default Best customer service ever

Jim, you're the best! Thanks for the super quick reply, prompt action, and all around awesomeness!

Tags
launchpad, mononote