Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 01-08-2011, 04:31 AM

Default Numerology and 2 x Launchpads

Hi Jim
I have just gone out and purchased a second launchpad, I have tried plugging both into Numerology but can only get one LP to light up. I was wondering whether Numerology 3 currently supports multiple Launchpads and if so how do I activate my second LP?
bless
MIchael
Old 01-08-2011, 07:44 AM

Default Nope, not possible

Hi

I'm a Launchpad user, and know that two Launchpads are as yet not supported.

It has been suggested by Jim it may be coming in the future...

Regards

Wade
Old 01-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Administrator

That is correct, only one launchpad at a time for now. I do plan to add support for two -- initially as two independent controllers then a bit later as two physical controllers that work as one big 'virtual' controller...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 01-13-2011, 03:20 AM

Default Thanks for the info

Hi guys thanks for the response. I cant wait to be able to program a 32 bar sequence in the drum rack . bless. M
Old 01-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Administrator

You can program a 32 step pattern now with the Launchpad mapping, but you have to flip between 'pages' with the "section" buttons...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 02-15-2011, 06:49 AM

Another thread got me thinking about 2 launchpads and I have a few questions.

This question assumes that you would be in 4 instument/32 step across 2 launchpads mode. When your are editing velocity in the drum seq, would the first 16 steps map across both and then page over for the final 16 (assuming you're using 32 steps)? That seems like the best way to me.

Also, is the relationship between the two launchpads going to be fixed? Jim, judging from your other post, whatever stack your on will be mapped to both launchpads. While I do like that approach most of the time, I can see situations where having access to 2 different stacks (one per launchpad) at once would be desirable. Obviously, one would have access to the screen while the other would be launchpad only. Not sure if this is even possible, but it would be a good option.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by phase ghost View Post
This question assumes that you would be in 4 instument/32 step across 2 launchpads mode. When your are editing velocity in the drum seq, would the first 16 steps map across both and then page over for the final 16 (assuming you're using 32 steps)? That seems like the best way to me.
Yes, it would work like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phase ghost View Post
Also, is the relationship between the two launchpads going to be fixed? Jim, judging from your other post, whatever stack your on will be mapped to both launchpads. While I do like that approach most of the time, I can see situations where having access to 2 different stacks (one per launchpad) at once would be desirable. Obviously, one would have access to the screen while the other would be launchpad only. Not sure if this is even possible, but it would be a good option.
A good question. My initial assumption is that you would have to choose the configuration at setup time: either 2 independent controllers, or 2 linked controllers that act as one. Both are useful. Being able to switch 'on the fly' between the two is potentially useful as well, but that would be time-consuming to implement, and potentially very confusing to use -- esp. in a live performance. Perhaps it is better in that case to just spring for more controllers...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 02-15-2011, 02:23 PM

Default Two Launchpads splendid idea!

I was a little skeptical about the two launchpad set up. But the more I use a single Launchpad the more I think it could be a splendid idea with two.

Wish list for two launchpads:

One big controller with Chromatic scale tones.

One big controller opens up the possiblities to use the round bottons at top and on the one side of one of the launchpads for other functions instead of doubling the Launchpad "master" They could be some of the most useful parameters from the Sequence control page. or the sidepanels of the sequences like invert or shift right or left could have their own dedicated buttons instead of the present modus where you combine a dual button press.

The Drumsequence could get mute per track buttons along the right side of launchpad "slave"

Just some quick ideas about the one big controller concept..

If your going to set it up as two seperate controllers. Then I'd like to see:

Controlling two stacks each with it's dedicated controller.

Or two Launchpads controlling one stack with free choice of pages, I could imagine one scenario where; Launchpad 1 could be handling Start and Stop steps while Launchpad 2 is on the Sequence note edit "page" . Or another idea; Launchpad 1 on the Groove adjust "page" and velocity on Launchpad 2 great for when working on feel. Geez the more I think of it the more this seems like a stellar idea. Why not just go whole hog and setup 4 launchpads so you have a mega...panel.. oh got carried away there...

Two Launchpads would be enough....

Regards

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 02-16-2011 at 03:09 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:23 PM

I'm kinda surprised novation hasn't launched a 16 wide version of the launchpad yet. They probably will the day I buy a second launchpad.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoToneshuzz View Post
Wish list for two launchpads:

One big controller with Chromatic scale tones.

One big controller opens up the possiblities to use the round bottons at top and on the one side of one of the launchpads for other functions instead of doubling the Launchpad "master" They could be some of the most useful parameters from the Sequence control page. or the sidepanels of the sequences like invert or shift right or left could have their own dedicated buttons instead of the present modus where you combine a dual button press.

The Drumsequence could get mute per track buttons along the right side of launchpad "slave"

Just some quick ideas about the one big controller concept..
The lack of access to all 12 chromatic notes is a bit of a pain. I am working on a solution that will allow you to make a note sharp or flat while still keeping the scale mode on. It will require some changes to the note seqs. There will probably be 2 or more quantize modes. One of those modes will draw 'off-scale' notes in a different color, but still let them pass. Combine that with a Launchpad update where you can 'nudge' a note up or down and it should work out reasonably well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoToneshuzz View Post
Or two Launchpads controlling one stack with free choice of pages, I could imagine one scenario where; Launchpad 1 could be handling Start and Stop steps while Launchpad 2 is on the Sequence note edit "page" . Or another idea; Launchpad 1 on the Groove adjust "page" and velocity on Launchpad 2 great for when working on feel. Geez the more I think of it the more this seems like a stellar idea.
That's exactly how the 'independent' mode will work -- you can pick and choose how each one is used...

Cheers,
Jim

Tags
launchpad