Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 05-20-2015, 11:38 AM

Question Novation Launchpad Pro

Noob question here: Are the same techniques used for the Launchpad relevant for the Launchpad Pro? Is it supported in the same way?

I don't have one yet, but I'm thinking of picking one up, and it would be all the better if it would work as a step sequencer with Numerology.

I do not currently own a Launchpad, either, so this would be a new venture for me. I hope to use Numerology with both soft synths (probably via Live 9), and hardware synths (Tetra, Slim Phatty, etc).
Old 05-20-2015, 11:54 AM
Administrator

I don't know what the MIDI spec is yet for the Launchpad Pro. If it is compatible with the regular Launchpad spec, then it will work out of the box. My guess is that it will be, but there's no being certain until it ships.

Jim
Old 05-20-2015, 02:16 PM

Thanks for the reply, Jim. Fair enough. I guess we'll wait and see what the spec says. Not sure if there's anything to to be gained, but if I do some digging and uncover any info I'll pass it on. Cheers.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:17 PM

FWIW, I contacted Novation to see if I could get any info, and this is the response I got. Not sure if this is helpful, because it may be that it's only the "extra" features that are different from Launchpad spec...

"""
Thanks for your mail. While I don't have all of the details available to give out pre-release, I can tell you that the MIDI Spec on the Launchpad Pro will be different than on the Launchpad S, due to the additional features the Pro will have over the S. Once the Pro is released, there should be a Programmers Guide available at its download page at novationmusic.com.

If you need any more support, please don't hesitate to contact us.
"""
Old 05-21-2015, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerobot View Post
FWIW, I contacted Novation to see if I could get any info, and this is the response I got. Not sure if this is helpful, because it may be that it's only the "extra" features that are different from Launchpad spec...

"""
Thanks for your mail. While I don't have all of the details available to give out pre-release, I can tell you that the MIDI Spec on the Launchpad Pro will be different than on the Launchpad S, due to the additional features the Pro will have over the S. Once the Pro is released, there should be a Programmers Guide available at its download page at novationmusic.com.

If you need any more support, please don't hesitate to contact us.
"""
I suggests to me pretty strongly that the MIDI API will be different enough to require changes on my end, so you'll have to wait until I can get my hands on one for an updated N4 build..

Jim

Tags
launchpad, launchpad pro, novation