Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 05-26-2011, 11:43 AM

Another approach to step sequencing on the iPad is offered by the Little Midi Machine: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/littl...394018004?mt=8

The developer recently added CoreMidi capability via USB and WiFi. Not as complex as Numerology, but a wonderful little step sequencer in its own right! And it's free!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:57 PM

Game changer: Lemur software is now available on the iPad!!! For more info, see http://liine.net/en/products/lemur/

The Lemur toolkit is so much more developed than TouchOSC that it seems better suited to developing an iPad interface that takes full advantage of all that Numerology has to offer.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:45 PM

The best example yet of what step sequencing might look like on an iPad is provided by the Sequencomat Lemur patch, which has just been ported to Liine's Lemur app. Check out Sequencomat here: http://www.tonvibration.de/SequencomatV3.html

If Jim is able to get even close to Sequencomat's level of control for Numerology, it will be step sequencer bliss.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:56 PM

Honestly, unless Novation releases a larger Launchpad, I still think the original launchpad is the best format for controlling Numerology. There's nothing I can't accomplish from it. Well, obviously there are things you can't accomplish like routing. But, that all gets setup ahead of time anyways. I'm talking about the playability of it.

I have an Ipad, but I still prefer the launchpad by a million. Touchscreens are cool, but buttons are cooler. I could totally see using an ipad as a companion to the current Mac + Numerology + Launchpad setup. I don't know how exactly, but the ipad could be some sort of auxiliary device.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:38 PM

Default Lemur for iPad!

Dear Jim
Although I am satisfied with the Launchpad as controller, as are many other users I am sure, I am very intrigued about the amazing Lemur for iPad as a single controller that can handle N3pro + Plugins and AU synths, wirelessly or through the Alesis iDock
Any thoughts on this?
Thank you again
Alan Rosenblum
Old 01-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Administrator

I'm working on a new controller protocol that will allow a similar level of control as the Launchpad mapping, but is oriented to knobs, faders & buttons -- it complements the Launchpad setup nicely. It will be available both in a MIDI version (N3 SE & Pro) and an OSC version (N3 Pro). The OSC version can be used with a relatively simple template in either TouchOSC or (I assume) Lemur on an iPad.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 01-03-2012, 02:39 PM

Sounds promising!
Old 01-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Administrator

It is very, very cool, I just need to find the time to finish it. While the Launchpad (and grids in general) are ideal for note programming (esp. polyphonic), knobs & sliders (esp. GUI slider that you can 'touch to jump') are easier to map to general purpose parameters.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 01-10-2012, 03:35 AM

This does sound exciting. I agree the Launchpad isn't the best method for entering continuous values, but great for entering notes and drum hits. An iPad interface for controlling knobs and slider values would be the perfect compliment.

a|x
Old 01-13-2012, 03:55 PM

dream setup is of course launchpad + livid code + iPad lemur

hopefully these new remote control APIs will allow such a setup