Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 02-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltimoroder View Post
Here's the 2nd half of that video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFxxeJRFXjc

FYI: the pitch mapping for the MonoNote has changed a bit. I'll have 'official' videos (and the new 2.3 build) very soon...

Jim
Old 02-13-2010, 06:24 AM

that is so great! I need a Launchpad soon! I already got a SLMK2 Keyboard.. This will be lots of fun! Transposing... Skipping... Halftime Doubletime... yeah!

will numerology 3 be able to give visual feedback of what you are doing?
Old 02-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilman View Post
will numerology 3 be able to give visual feedback of what you are doing?
Yup.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 02-13-2010, 01:07 PM

Hi first post here!
It'd be cool if there was a mode where it could be set up kind of like the tiptop z8000 (or even 4 of them at once, for 4 different mono notes!). I'm still cutting teeth with Numerology and modular in general, and when I saw the z8000 demo thought that would be a cool alternative approach to see on the mac as a plugin or whatever - it kind of is a natural for a controller like this.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:16 PM

Hey Jim, have you tested this with Live open to see what happens?

Wondering if you could use the Launchpad with both apps, if it causes problems, etc...
Old 02-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodama View Post

Wondering if you could use the Launchpad with both apps, if it causes problems, etc...
AFAIK, not possible -- there is no way for the Launchpad to know which app is which -- it just sees MIDI and responds. You can easily turn Launchpad communication on and off in Numerology, but it is a bit more time-consuming in Live. My recommendation in that case: get a 2nd Launchpad, they're cheap...

[editing n2/lpad tutorial vids now....]

Jim
Old 02-16-2010, 01:05 PM

Well I'm lucky enough to have a LP and an APC, so I'm covered there!

Just wondering if it will cause weird issues.

I'm looking forward to testing the next update. I've found N2 + Live to be highly unstable, which is sad. They should be friends!
Old 02-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Just wondering if it will cause weird issues.
You can definitely use the Launchpad with Numerology *or* Live while both are running, you just can't use the Lauchpad with both apps at the same time.

Quote:
I'm looking forward to testing the next update. I've found N2 + Live to be highly unstable, which is sad. They should be friends!
You should email me offline (info at five12 dot com) with any issues. I do lots of testing, but there is no way I can catch everything.

Jim
Old 02-16-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:

I've been running Live and a Monome emulator simultaneously without any problems. The emulator is 'Nonome', written in Max (NOT Max For Live, so it runs outside Live).

Live appears to respond to everything you do on the Launchpad except when it is in 'user 2' mode.

So, in Live I can control sessions, the mixer etc. When I want to control a Monome app, I hit 'user 2' and Live ignores it and the Monome emulator kicks in.

I think the implication of this is that if Numerology used this approach, then the 'session', 'user 1', 'user 2' and 'mixer' buttons would be off limits which means that some buttons would have to double up.

This approach could also enable Launchpad use for the upcoming Numerology audio units when hosted within Live.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaishya View Post
I think the implication of this is that if Numerology used this approach, then the 'session', 'user 1', 'user 2' and 'mixer' buttons would be off limits which means that some buttons would have to double up.
Those four buttons are used heavily, and almost every other button is already doubled (and sometimes tripled) up. It may be possible to implement some kind of fudge, like holding down user 2 while pushing one of the other buttons, but for now I don't plan to change anything.

Jim

Last edited by jim; 02-16-2010 at 07:44 PM.