Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Eurorack Hardware > Vector Sequencer : Feature Requests

Old 08-15-2019, 01:28 PM

Apologies if I or someone else already asked but external control over part/preset and scenes would be very useful (HostUSB/MIDI)
I'm running the modular in tandem with Numerology and Live, would love to be able to queue/synchronize Vector changes remotely
Old 08-25-2019, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nreeves View Post
Apologies if I or someone else already asked but external control over part/preset and scenes would be very useful (HostUSB/MIDI)
I'm running the modular in tandem with Numerology and Live, would love to be able to queue/synchronize Vector changes remotely
This is a frequent request -- but good to bring it up again...

Jim
Old 08-25-2019, 05:00 PM

mea culpa
thanks for all!
Old 08-31-2019, 02:17 PM

Couple ideas, things that would be neat, and less of a "request":

Ratchet+Transpose
Arpeggios have been called out as a feature. An arpeggio could also be thought of as a ratchet+transpose. For example "//+4", "///M", or "///M7" could be how an arpeggio is described, using the step's pitch as the root of the arpeggio. The neat thing about this is they could also possibly be chance operations, which could be fun.

Transpose Mask
Allows steps to be removed from having incoming MIDI transpose them.

How it might work: Press pitch 3 times to reveal the transpose mask screen. All steps default transpose to "on". Each step's transpose behavior can be adjusted with encoders 1-8, or all adjusted withe encoder 9. Initially, the only transpose behaviors might be "off" and "on". Turning transpose to "off" means that the original step's pitch will be played, even if transpose is enabled on the Rec screen.

Being able to disable transpose on certain steps would be powerful enough to use creatively, but additional modes could be added over time too.

Ideas for additional transpose mask modes: "nearest octave" (same pitch but incoming MIDI only moves the octave up and down), "within chord" (using the step's pitch as the chord root, users could select "M" or "m" or whatever, and transpose would only snap to notes in that chord).

Ambiguity/Impact: How would transpose mask relate to transpose set by the sub-sequencer? Seems like it should probably still apply. The latest firmware makes transpose via sub-sequencer more of an offset which plays in to thise.

Likewise how does transpose mask relate to the chance-based transpose operations? Does disabling transpose on a step also disable the chance operations? I don't know if I'd expect it to do that, but for consistency it probably should.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF3 View Post
My feature request is a non-modular standalone version with more than 8 tracks (16 or 32 maybe?) and 16 step buttons/encoders. I currently have a Cirklon, and would sell it in a hot minute for a full size standalone Vector.
+1

A big YES. I got on the waiting list for the Cirklon a year ago and was told the waiting time was "approximately one year". I nver heard from them again and I recently found out that this has now gone up to 2.5 years, and Sequentix seem to be on a different planet as they're talking about a mk2 machine with touch screen and MIDI 2.0 spec.. when there's no MIDI 2.0 gear available or even announced.

A stand-alone doubled-up Vector with MIDI DIN ports would be insta-buy!
Old 09-09-2019, 03:07 PM

Not sure if I missed this, and I canít seem to find a setting for it, but I would find it very handy if the 8 encodersí press action could always be used to switch parts, no matter what mode Iím in. Is this possible?
Old 09-09-2019, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrn1 View Post
Not sure if I missed this, and I canít seem to find a setting for it, but I would find it very handy if the 8 encodersí press action could always be used to switch parts, no matter what mode Iím in. Is this possible?
Interesting-- I'm considering a pref to set a preference for encoder presses to be

In the meanwhile: Hold Part and push any white key on the mini-keyboard to jump to that Part -- I use that shortcut all the time.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 09-09-2019, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Interesting-- I'm considering a pref to set a preference for encoder presses to be

In the meanwhile: Hold Part and push any white key on the mini-keyboard to jump to that Part -- I use that shortcut all the time.

Cheers,
Jim
Yes, I find myself using this shortcut all the time too, but it requires 2 hands, and the encoder button action is not used anyway, so it could make a good use. But indeed, a preference would be nice: some would maybe prefer to use them for part mutes e.g...
Old 09-12-2019, 07:38 PM

Could we possibly have an option to force the chord sequencer to scale? And an option for chords to also diatonically ‘survive’ transposition of the root? I finally tried out the midi outs as well as chord sequencer today, so much fun but my music theory is a little shabby and I’d like an ‘easy’ mode at least for busting ideas out quickly. Maybe a scale degree system similar to Numerology 4’s chord sequencer?

Last edited by Dark Barn; 09-12-2019 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-13-2019, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Barn View Post
Could we possibly have an option to force the chord sequencer to scale? And an option for chords to also diatonically Ďsurviveí transposition of the root? I finally tried out the midi outs as well as chord sequencer today, so much fun but my music theory is a little shabby and Iíd like an Ďeasyí mode at least for busting ideas out quickly. Maybe a scale degree system similar to Numerology 4ís chord sequencer?
Iíd like that very much too!