Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 11-05-2017, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
This is your official announcement that development on Numerology 5 is currently in progress. I can't give any specific dates for when the first beta will happen, or for the release, other than I expect to have a beta out this fall, and the release will not be until after January of next year (2018).

This will be a paid release. Anyone who purchases Numerology 4 on or after August 1 2017 will get a free upgrade.

The focus for this release will be in four areas:

- Improving the performance of some internals. This includes multi-threaded rendering, as well as how the UI is updated when changing presets.

- A significant re-organization of the UI for all the Note Sequencer modules (MonoNote, PolyNote, etc). I'll have more news on this in a few days.

- Integration with the Vector Sequencer eurorack module. Primarily, this means being able to load and save project files from the Vector.

- The usual assortment of smaller features and updates -- for example: Tap Tempo. I have a big list of requested features that I'm going through and prioritizing, and of course, I'll be reviewing the Feature Requests section of the forum. In order to keep the dev cycle from dragging out, I'm going to be very selective about which features are in. Now is a good time to drop over to the Feature Requests area add or vote for what you'd like to see most. I'd like to reserve this tread for discussion of what is actually in the new release.

Cheers,
Jim
Hi Jim,
I see that some users are upgrading to High Sierra and have issues with Numerology.
Will there be an update to Numerology 4 for High Sierra before Numerology 5 ?
Thank you
Old 11-06-2017, 11:05 PM

Great news, sounds awesome !
Old 11-07-2017, 06:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
Hi Jim,
I see that some users are upgrading to High Sierra and have issues with Numerology.
Will there be an update to Numerology 4 for High Sierra before Numerology 5 ?
Thank you
Until N5 is released, any straightforward issues related to OS X will be implemented in both. More complex cases (like the AU/AUMX conflict in Logic) I will have to decide individually. I'm not done looking into the AU/AUMX issue, but I suspect the current workaround (don't install the AU) may become the official policy -- i.e. the N4 AU becomes an optional install. With the AUMX in LogicX and MainStage, and VST everywhere else, there aren't many use cases where the AU makes sense.

Jim
Old 11-08-2017, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Until N5 is released, any straightforward issues related to OS X will be implemented in both. More complex cases (like the AU/AUMX conflict in Logic) I will have to decide individually. I'm not done looking into the AU/AUMX issue, but I suspect the current workaround (don't install the AU) may become the official policy -- i.e. the N4 AU becomes an optional install. With the AUMX in LogicX and MainStage, and VST everywhere else, there aren't many use cases where the AU makes sense.

Jim
Hi Jim, is there any document that talk about AU/AUMX ?
How about using DIGITAL Performer for that matter ?
Old 11-08-2017, 08:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Hi Jim, is there any document that talk about AU/AUMX ?
See chapter 15 in the manual -- which you can get on the download page.

Quote:
How about using DIGITAL Performer for that matter ?
Use the VST -- assuming you have a version of DP that supports VST. Every VST host I've tested has a straightforward solution for getting MIDI from a VST to another plugin, not many AU host do. I seem to recall it is possible to route MIDI from an AU to another plugin in DP, but I also remember it being a bit convoluted.

Jim
Old 11-09-2017, 07:23 AM

Quote:
See chapter 15 in the manual -- which you can get on the download page.

Use the VST -- assuming you have a version of DP that supports VST. Every VST host I've tested has a straightforward solution for getting MIDI from a VST to another plugin, not many AU host do. I seem to recall it is possible to route MIDI from an AU to another plugin in DP, but I also remember it being a bit convoluted.

Jim
My Digital Performer is High Sierra compatible.
My Native Instruments stuff is not
My Spectrasonics stuff is not

This the stuff I am using the most with Numerology Pro.
So, I have to wait for upgrading to High Sierra.

It brings another question for you.

I suppose Numerology 5 will be Sierra compatible ?
And, also, will High Sierra bring something new to Numerology Pro 5 that will not be in in Sierra ?

Thank you and have a good day

Last edited by Aramis; 11-09-2017 at 07:27 AM.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I suppose Numerology 5 will be Sierra compatible ?
Yes. The goal is to continue support all the way back to 10.6.8 -- I still have a laptop with that config. I can't guarantee that I'll be able to support that far back, but I haven't run into anything yet that prohibits me from doing so. Regarding OS X Sierra, since my main dev environment is still on 10.12, I think Sierra support will be just fine.

Quote:
And, also, will High Sierra bring something new to Numerology Pro 5 that will not be in in Sierra ?
Not that I'm aware of!

Jim
Old 11-10-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Yes. The goal is to continue support all the way back to 10.6.8 -- I still have a laptop with that config. I can't guarantee that I'll be able to support that far back, but I haven't run into anything yet that prohibits me from doing so. Regarding OS X Sierra, since my main dev environment is still on 10.12, I think Sierra support will be just fine.

Not that I'm aware of!

Jim
Perfect, I will stick on Sierra for my 2 Macs(Music)
Thank you Jim