Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 12-11-2017, 10:09 AM

Default Unable to midi map two stacks...can anyone advise?

Hello!

I am trying to map two separate Numerology VSTs.

I set up the performance controller, midi learn to my midi controller and map that to the parameters. I use just 8 knobs on my Novation Launchcontrol XL for the first instance of numerology. It works fine.

Next, I go to the second numerology VST, map 8 different knobs to the VSt using the same procedure and that works fine.

The problem is that this causes the first VST to lose its mapping. Why? I do not know!

I have tried the set up with generic midi controller and also performance controller settings.

I have a lot of experience with midi mapping and midi controllers so I am really unsure what the problem could be. It is really straight forward what I am trying to do. I have attached pictures of the parameters I am mapping and also the settings in controller set up.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: png Midi screen.png (57.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: png Faders.png (61.4 KB, 20 views)
Old 12-12-2017, 11:01 AM

Well, I have found the problem but it appears to be a bug or something. Basically, the midi controller is only detected when the instance of the VST is actually open and then I touch the interface with the mouse pointer. This makes the VST react to midi again.

This means that you can not control the VST remotely with a midi controller during a live set unless it is actually open and in front of you on the screen.

I do not recall ever having this problem before. I had thought it may be something to do with Live 10 but it does the same thing with Live 9 too.

Has anybody else got this problem?

Jim, when I am not mistaken, previous builds of Numerology do not do this, right? I would like to get it working as I have a very simple task for Numerology to do. I would be happy to o for a previous build if I do not have to lose my work.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:19 PM
Administrator

This is a bug -- just confirmed. Should have something for you later this week...

Jim
Old 12-13-2017, 01:57 AM

That is brilliant to know Jim. Thanks a lot!

Playing live I need very quick and simple features and mapping a few knobs on my controller means I do not have to carry around a dedicated hardware sequencer as well for playing live.

That said, I am looking forward to the finished hardware sequencer of yours...
Old 01-03-2018, 09:33 AM

Just bumping this thread Jim as would love to be able to use the set up live.

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2018, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Try build 178 -- it has a fix for 'global' knobs n buttons:

Apologies for not updating this thread earlier -- I do try to do that when a fix is released.

http://www.five12.net/showthread.php?t=3534

Cheers,
Jim
Old 01-03-2018, 03:40 PM

Nice one Jim!