Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 08-12-2014, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Default Numerology 4 Build 142

... just a couple quick fixes, quite a few updates for the SampleKit coming next week...

http://www.five12.com/NumerologyPro-4.0-Build142.dmg
http://www.five12.com/NumerologySE-4.0-Build142.dmg

Numerology 4 Build 142

Sample Kit Fixes:
- Removed the contextual menu from sample selections (thus avoiding a crash)

Other Fixes & Updates:
- Update factory module library 'build num' to make sure module proto for SampleKit is installed.
- Another symbiosis-related fix (for real this time).
Old 08-15-2014, 09:03 AM

New Rewire driver too ?

Just got a "Rewire Driver Mismatch" warning at launch (first time booting build 142). Can't reproduce it though ?!
Old 08-15-2014, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nil View Post
New Rewire driver too ?

Just got a "Rewire Driver Mismatch" warning at launch (first time booting build 142). Can't reproduce it though ?!
You may have had a ReWire host running when you did that launch. The ReWire driver (and all plugins) are updated with every build. If the error went away, then the driver was updated...

Jim
Old 08-16-2014, 07:35 AM

just encountered a strange oddity with push.

I had N4 (standalone) working with my push on 140, all lovely, had its setup with controller setup using user port.

a) I upgraded to N4 142, start N4 standalone - push showed the LCD display for Five12 but no pad for the stacks, pressing the user button changed the LCD to the welcome message but nothing else.
b) I deleted controller, and set it up again - same thing.
c) Odd, switched it to use 'live port', viola it worked...

I thought, perhaps it had been changed to use live port, but thought, this is going to cause trouble in Live with VST.
d) so thought Id try this, started Live added N4 - and of course yes, it caused issues,
e) so I went to preferences in N4 changed it to user port ( thinking perhaps the preferences were different between VST/Standalone), viola worked...

f) so then went back to N4 standalone, working, checked preferences ... and they were on user port!

so everything back to working
but no idea why the oddity when I upgraded, or why deleting the controller and setting it up again didnt fix it. so thought id mention it here, just in case someone else has the issue ... and perhaps Jim might have an idea as to what when wrong.

EDIT: being a programmer couldn't resist trying to break it again... deleted controller, and set it up again to user port just as Id done in (b) , but worked.
also noticed, it doesnt work with using live port, so Ive no idea how it worked for step (c) ... especially as step(d) really did prove it was using that port.

perhaps some how N4 confused which was the live port, and which the user port...
I've a number of usb midi devices (virus, softstep) and many virtual midi ports that come and go (e.g. eigenharps,geco)... I've not seen an issue before though, but I'm new to using the push with N4.

Last edited by TheTechnobear; 08-16-2014 at 07:45 AM.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:58 AM

Here's a weird one to go with that one. Every time I update Numerology, it somehow de-authorizes my Expert Sleepers Silent Way plugins, so that I have to run Expert Sleepers License manager before launching Live or I get a crash. I don't know whose issue that is, and it's not that big a deal now that I've figured it out, but I'm letting you know in case there's a bigger conflict somewhere in how the copy protection works.

--JES
Old 08-18-2014, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JES View Post
Here's a weird one to go with that one. Every time I update Numerology, it somehow de-authorizes my Expert Sleepers Silent Way plugins, so that I have to run Expert Sleepers License manager before launching Live or I get a crash. I don't know whose issue that is, and it's not that big a deal now that I've figured it out, but I'm letting you know in case there's a bigger conflict somewhere in how the copy protection works.

--JES
.. this is a side effect of a 'hack' I did to get around an eSellerate issue -- Os has had the same problem -- both Numerology and the ExSl plugins use the same authorization library. I'll make a note to set something up so that you don't have to re-auth on each install....

Jim
Old 08-18-2014, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTechnobear View Post
just encountered a strange oddity with push.

I had N4 (standalone) working with my push on 140, all lovely, had its setup with controller setup using user port.

a) I upgraded to N4 142, start N4 standalone - push showed the LCD display for Five12 but no pad for the stacks, pressing the user button changed the LCD to the welcome message but nothing else.
b) I deleted controller, and set it up again - same thing.
c) Odd, switched it to use 'live port', viola it worked...

I thought, perhaps it had been changed to use live port, but thought, this is going to cause trouble in Live with VST.
d) so thought Id try this, started Live added N4 - and of course yes, it caused issues,
e) so I went to preferences in N4 changed it to user port ( thinking perhaps the preferences were different between VST/Standalone), viola worked...

f) so then went back to N4 standalone, working, checked preferences ... and they were on user port!

so everything back to working
but no idea why the oddity when I upgraded, or why deleting the controller and setting it up again didnt fix it. so thought id mention it here, just in case someone else has the issue ... and perhaps Jim might have an idea as to what when wrong.

EDIT: being a programmer couldn't resist trying to break it again... deleted controller, and set it up again to user port just as Id done in (b) , but worked.
also noticed, it doesnt work with using live port, so Ive no idea how it worked for step (c) ... especially as step(d) really did prove it was using that port.

perhaps some how N4 confused which was the live port, and which the user port...
I've a number of usb midi devices (virus, softstep) and many virtual midi ports that come and go (e.g. eigenharps,geco)... I've not seen an issue before though, but I'm new to using the push with N4.

Interesting -- though I can't say for sure what the issue was. You're absolutely right that N4 needs to just be connected to the "User" ports on the Push -- I've a note to add a helper comment on the controller setup just for that...

Jim