Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 10-16-2010, 02:32 PM

Default Questions

I have N3 Pro latest... and some questions

Is it possible to record to wav or mp3 format? If not, is there a Mac utility that I can automate so for example, dropping an aiff file into a directory and it is auto-converted to wav or mp3? Aiff is not cross platform friendly.

Also, I want to record the output of a stack, which is handy to just hit play and it records, but can I set it so it records a fixed number of bars from when I hit play and not just until I hit stop?

With Evolve... can I evolve specific notes? or stop specific notes from being included? Or is it always all the notes of that sequencer?

Thanks for any help...
Old 10-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deva View Post
Is it possible to record to wav or mp3 format? If not, is there a Mac utility that I can automate so for example, dropping an aiff file into a directory and it is auto-converted to wav or mp3? Aiff is not cross platform friendly.
Not yet, but I can add both pretty easily, will bump them on the wishlist.

Quote:
Also, I want to record the output of a stack, which is handy to just hit play and it records, but can I set it so it records a fixed number of bars from when I hit play and not just until I hit stop?
The best way to do that right now is to use the timeline: Setup a preset block for however many bars you need, start recording, then stop when the sound tails off. You may need to manually trim the file, but that will work for both MIDI and audio, and you can setup multiple blocks. I'd like to have a kind of 'render all presets to audio & MIDI files' function, but doing that right would entail things like crossfading, etc. so it has to wait a while.

Quote:
With Evolve... can I evolve specific notes? or stop specific notes from being included? Or is it always all the notes of that sequencer?
Evolve is currently set to affect all 'active' notes -- i.e. between start and end. I've considered restricting it to all 'selected' notes....

Cheers,
Jim
Old 10-17-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
... I've considered restricting it to all 'selected' notes...
That's a pretty interesting idea actually.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
The best way to do that right now is to use the timeline: Setup a preset block for however many bars you need, start recording, then stop when the sound tails off. You may need to manually trim the file, but that will work for both MIDI and audio, and you can setup multiple blocks. I'd like to have a kind of 'render all presets to audio & MIDI files' function, but doing that right would entail things like crossfading, etc. so it has to wait a while.

Evolve is currently set to affect all 'active' notes -- i.e. between start and end. I've considered restricting it to all 'selected' notes....

Cheers,
Jim
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the replies...

Maybe you can make it so that if I have Loop bars turned on, then recording will have an option to record 1 loop... then there is an easy way to create an audio clip of specific length.

Also, I have noticed on a project that has loop turned on and a mono-note sequencer that it stops playing after the first loop and evolve keeps evolving. It is consistent... just make a new project and turn on loop bars 1 --> 4 (for example) and put in a default mono-note... after the first loop, the mono-note stops playing and evolve keeps shuffling notes.

Last edited by deva; 10-17-2010 at 11:19 PM.