Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 04-05-2014, 01:29 AM

Default N4b134 VST: no MIDI Input when connecting Launchpad in Ableton Live

Yesterday I successfully connected iPad with Lemur LPad2 template (Launchpad emulation) to N4b134 standalone app: everything seems to work quite well.

Today I have tried to use the same template with Ableton Live and N4 VST, and the attempt was unsuccessful. After examining the N4 VST preferences I noticed, that there is no MIDI input, assigned to Launchpad:

Is this a bug, or am I doing smth wrong? (I'm not really experienced in using controllers with Ableton Live).

Mac OS X 10.9.2, Ableton Live 9.1.1 x64
Old 04-05-2014, 01:46 AM

Hmm, it seems there is something wrong with the template: it does not work in Ableton Live as expected. Will try to investigate this further.

Edit: but I still do not understand - why the MIDI Input is available in N4 standalone app, but not in the VST...

Last edited by Valery_Kondakoff; 04-05-2014 at 02:10 AM.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Administrator

All MIDI ports should indeed show up in the Controller Setup dialog for the plugins. I need to see a debug log from the VST. There's just a few steps for you to do that:

- Start N4 standalone with the shift key held down. Confirm you want to start in debug mode, then quit N4. (that sets the debug flag).
- Start Ableton, and add the N4 VST. Open the Controller Setup dialog and select the Launchpad config.
- Then close that dialog and use the 'mail' icon to bring up the Contact Five12 dialog. Report a bug -- that will send up the logs.
- Start N4 standalone one more time, and click cancel when it asks you about debug mode.

Thanks!
Jim
Old 04-05-2014, 02:55 PM

Done. Please, contact back if you need additional info or testing.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Thanks much -- have found and fixed the issue. I'll email you a copy of the updated build later today -- have to finish a couple other tweaks first...

Jim