Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 01-20-2015, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Default Numerology 4.1 Build 149

http://www.five12.com/NumerologyPro-4.1-Build149.dmg
http://www.five12.com/NumerologySE-4.1-Build149.dmg

Per comments on the thread for build 148, these disk images were made with a tweaked script to make sure the dates on the app and ReWire bundle files are updated correctly. I tested the install on 10.10 and all seemed OK, but I'm still transitioning my own system from 10.8.5 to 10.10 so I don't use it every day yet.

Numerology 4 Build 149

- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash on quit.
- Changed the build script to ensure that the date on the App & ReWire driver is always correct.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:28 AM

Works great here !

If i may though, from b148 thread :

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
http://www.five12.com/NumerologyPro-4.1-Build148.dmg
ReWire MIDI Ports: This is a somewhat experimental feature. Both Cubase and DP support MIDI output ports defined by ReWire devices. Num 4.1 will add 4 such MIDI output ports when running in ReWire mode. Both timing and latency with Cubase 7.5 look very good. Timing is very good w/ DP, but there still seems to be some latency. Many hosts (Logic, Live) do not support MIDI out from ReWire devices.
It used to work with Num 3 Pro / Live 8 , right ? IIRC, that was a feature you removed from early Num 4 alphas ?

Last edited by nil; 01-24-2015 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 12:21 AM

running 10.9.5 and N4 Pro and the midi plug in version of N4 doesn't show up in logic in the midi FX menu.

is there a process to getting it to show up? or did the latest Logic update break it?

edit: nevermind. OS update turned Gatekeeper back on so i had to disable gatekeeper to get the midi plug in and N4 pro to launch.

Last edited by ignatius; 01-25-2015 at 12:25 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:56 AM
Numerologist

Default problem at the FaderBox module display

Hello,
it seems there is a problem at the FaderBox module on 10.9.5 with b149, its a kind of display problem.
As long as the lower value of a fader is 0 as maximum everything works when this value is higher, lets say 1, the display button jumps to the highest level and stays there, you could move the slider, the values are changed but the display stays on top.
For setting the Seqs start or end steps the 1 as minimum is needed.
Could you please have a look?
best
jue
Old 01-25-2015, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatius View Post
running 10.9.5 and N4 Pro and the midi plug in version of N4 doesn't show up in logic in the midi FX menu.

is there a process to getting it to show up? or did the latest Logic update break it?

edit: nevermind. OS update turned Gatekeeper back on so i had to disable gatekeeper to get the midi plug in and N4 pro to launch.
FYI : Adding the dev certificate is on my list for 4.1…

Jim
Old 01-25-2015, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jue View Post
Hello,
it seems there is a problem at the FaderBox module on 10.9.5 with b149, its a kind of display problem.
As long as the lower value of a fader is 0 as maximum everything works when this value is higher, lets say 1, the display button jumps to the highest level and stays there, you could move the slider, the values are changed but the display stays on top.
For setting the Seqs start or end steps the 1 as minimum is needed.
Could you please have a look?
best
jue
I'll have a look!

Jim
Old 02-04-2015, 04:58 AM
Numerologist

Sorry, but can we hope for a new build with a fixed FaderBox soon?
best
jue
Old 02-04-2015, 08:34 AM

Hey Jim,

I must say that the last builds are really rocksolid in timing when used as an AudioUnit MidiFX, no drifting really great...When using as an instrument I always had some drifting sooner or later, or starting at wrong beat etc. This makes it really cool to use now inside Logic X.

However I have a problem with midi controllers ( in this case novation remotes i have both the zero as the sl6 ) when I use modwheel on a num4 inserted midifx track the cpu goes up like crazy and when using other CC #s like 72/74 etc it makes the midi thru from my midi keyboard muted, as in I cant trigger the synth with my keyboard anymore. When dragging the midifx Num4 up or down in the midifx menu in Logic x (in trackmixer view) (slot swapping)midi thru works again. Seems like a bug to me.

I really like mangling my synths with controllers when sequencing, but this doesnt work anymore in a stable way.

Any solutions (I dont want to leave the MidiFX AU coz it is so tight)?

Last edited by septicunderground; 02-04-2015 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jue View Post
Sorry, but can we hope for a new build with a fixed FaderBox soon?
best
jue
Yes -- it is fixed. I was traveling and wasn't able to upload. I should
have it up tomorrow.

Jim
Old 02-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by septicunderground View Post
However I have a problem with midi controllers ( in this case novation remotes i have both the zero as the sl6 ) when I use modwheel on a num4 inserted midifx track the cpu goes up like crazy and when using other CC #s like 72/74 etc it makes the midi thru from my midi keyboard muted, as in I cant trigger the synth with my keyboard anymore. When dragging the midifx Num4 up or down in the midifx menu in Logic x (in trackmixer view) (slot swapping)midi thru works again. Seems like a bug to me.

I really like mangling my synths with controllers when sequencing, but this doesnt work anymore in a stable way.

Any solutions (I dont want to leave the MidiFX AU coz it is so tight)?
I'll check it tomorrow….

Jim