Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 07-21-2014, 08:56 PM

Default Triggering stack Presets via MIDI

Still trying to figure out how this works (reference page 62 of the N3 manual). I have the N4 beta build 140 installed, but I still cant get presets to change via a midi note. The instructions are straight forward, but nothing happens. Can anyone that has this working upload a simple project I can check out.

Maybe someone can look at these screen shots to see if I'm missing something obvious. I have a mononote with 3 presets that I'm trying to change with a polynote module. Polynote is sending a signal out on MIDI bus 1 using midi channel 9. It's hitting notes C, Db, and D. It's setup to receive those messages on the Mononote's presets. Yet, no changes.

** Also, tried changing with a Midi Keyboard, but still no result. Verified notes via MidiMonitor. Just for kicks, I tried C1 - C4. No changes. It works fine with the qwerty keyboard though.

Last edited by phase ghost; 07-21-2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:46 AM

In case anyone is a massive shit head like myself, I thought I'd post the answer. I didn't realize the "D-2" is actually D minus 2 (ie. two octaves down D). So, when I scrolled the notes to the right and landed on actual "D2", everything worked.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:01 PM
Administrator

First, big apologies for missing the original post -- I'm usually pretty good at catching all the forum posts.... ... In the future, don't hesitate to ping me via email, forum, phone call, etc. to give me a heads-up... Anyway, on the D-2 thing, that is on my list of things to look at -- sometimes the entry field doesn't behave as one wants when entering new values. And, the 'minus' is not really as prominent as it should be.

Jim
Old 08-12-2014, 08:11 PM

No sweat! Figured it out a few days later, but thought I should update the thread with my solution.
Old 09-05-2019, 06:51 PM

Default I Cant Get it Working Either

I am trying to trigger presets via keyboard. I watch the right note via Midi Monitor now that I know to look for a D minus 2. I cannot get it to work.

I also see the midi coming into in the module (Polynote) but nothing happens and the preset never gets triggered.

My ultimate goal is to play presets via my Orthogonal Devices ER-101 and play the presets via Eurorack to integrate them. That will be a bit more complicated using the Expert sleepers modules to convert CV to midi notes. I am already doing this within FXPansion BFD loaded within a stack to play different drum patterns.

I bring the cv and gate in via expert sleepers ES-8 to a ES-8 cv to midi plugin. It routs the output to an IAC bus that is the input of the stack where BFD is loaded.