Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Old 12-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelizard View Post
One option is the way that Renoise took care of this:

http://tools.renoise.com/tools/duplex

They added support for user-written Lua scripts to add MIDI and OSC controller templates.
Scripting is awesome, but for various reasons I've decided to not pursue that approach. It really boils down to providing the best and most consistent user experience across whatever devices are supported.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 12-06-2010, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
I've attached an example.
Thanks a million, Jim!

Today I'll borrow a LauchPad for 2-3 days from a friend, because Numerology doesn't go out of my head and I really like to know how the 'hardware-feeling' is. If you like I can give a feedback of my experiences...
Old 12-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmai View Post
Today I'll borrow a LauchPad for 2-3 days from a friend, because Numerology doesn't go out of my head and I really like to know how the 'hardware-feeling' is. If you like I can give a feedback of my experiences...
Groovy, I'm always down for more feedback...

(which is pretty funny, given the feedback-heavy demo stack I just got from someone working on patches for the new stack library...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 12-09-2010, 05:21 AM

OK, I will... one thing I can tell you immediately: Wow!
Old 12-09-2010, 07:23 AM

Default nu` merology controller

Now i have a launchpad and a livid instruments code and sometimes i have a dream about the posibility to control numerology with them.

Please jim, note that controller called code (lividiinstruments). Thats pretty cool (for me) and the completely the smallest all in one solution.

http://lividinstruments.com/hardware_code.php

Sorry about my english.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
Now i have a launchpad and a livid instruments code and sometimes i have a dream about the posibility to control numerology with them.

Please jim, note that controller called code (lividiinstruments). Thats pretty cool (for me) and the completely the smallest all in one solution.

http://lividinstruments.com/hardware_code.php

Sorry about my english.
The Code is really nice!

Cheers,
Jim
Old 12-11-2010, 01:50 AM

Hallo everyone,

I'm really happy I have discovered this amazing program!!! I vote for multiple launchpad support, shoul be amazing!!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteroveja View Post
... I vote for multiple launchpad support, shoul be amazing!!!!
Hi misteroveja!

'Multible Launchpad support': For the possibility to be able to edit 16 steps at once? Why not, it's for sure better than only 8 steps at once.

Though I could imagine that 2 Launchpads are needing really a lot space & it could feel wobbly and not like ONE piece of hardware.
But: In case of 2 Lauchpads (for 16 steps at once) I would suggest that 1 LP (or both?) should have to be turned by an angle of 90 degrees. Because otherwise there are the '8 arrow pads' between them both. -> this could be confusing/bugging, too.

After testing N3 and Launchpad I must say:
It's better to have 1 or 2 controllers which are very well designed/supported - than 10 controllers which are 'medium' designed (Attention: I don't want to say that the Launchpad is medium designed!)!

One 'pro' version is better than many 'semi' versions!!
Old 12-24-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
I actually have a Livid Block in my studio waiting for some attention.... A poll would be useful, but I'd rather wait until after 3.0 is out before thinking about it.
I currently use an APC40 to control Ableton live and a Launchpad for dedicated Numerology control. I like the control scheme for the APC grid overall with clip/scene launch etc. I sometimes wish I could control effects racks on multiple tracks simultaneously without completely remapping my APC. Additionally I really want an 8x16 APC40 style grid that can switch back and forth from a N3 sequencer mode. I'd give up both the LP and APC controllers for one that can perform both tasks reliably.

I'm seriously thinking of creating a custom built Livid controller with an 8x16 grid + pots and extras. If Numerology 3 had Livid support that would rock but how would you go about implementing Livid support with custom Livid based DIY builder controllers using similar architecture with completely different button layouts?
Old 12-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic View Post
I currently use an APC40 to control Ableton live and a Launchpad for dedicated Numerology control. I like the control scheme for the APC grid overall with clip/scene launch etc. I sometimes wish I could control effects racks on multiple tracks simultaneously without completely remapping my APC.
Interesting ... I just realized that it may be possible to do that with a FaderBox and 8 param mods in a dedicated controller stack -- since ParamMods are "stack preset" aware, you can use stack presets to redirect the target param....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic View Post
I'm seriously thinking of creating a custom built Livid controller with an 8x16 grid + pots and extras. If Numerology 3 had Livid support that would rock but how would you go about implementing Livid support with custom Livid based DIY builder controllers using similar architecture with completely different button layouts?
I don't know, but I expect I'll be looking into that more in the coming weeks...

Cheers,
Jim