Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Old 10-12-2011, 09:11 AM

Question numerology as rewire master

Is there any chance of Numerology acting as rewire master?
I would drop ableton and switch in a heartbeat if this was the case.
All my best sounds have been sculpted in reason and I would love to use the midi processing of Numerology with Reason slaved to it.

Last edited by seamusblake; 10-12-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:26 AM

Do you already use Numerology ?
I've been a long time user of Reason, rewiring it to hosts since Ableton Live 3 (then Logic 7/8/9 and now Reaper 4). I also bought my Numerology 1 licence years ago.
As far as I can tell, you'd get way better results keeping Reason rewired to Ableton and using Numerology as a MIDI controler and clock master. You can also try N3 VST or AU into Ableton Live to control Reason (the same way you can directly sequence Reason's instruments from Live).
Old 10-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusblake View Post
Is there any chance of Numerology acting as rewire master?
I would drop ableton and switch in a heartbeat if this was the case.
All my best sounds have been sculpted in reason and I would love to use the midi processing of Numerology with Reason slaved to it.
Yes, it is on the todo list. I can't say for sure where it fits on the schedule yet, but it will happen soon after 3.2 if not part of 3.2...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 10-12-2011, 03:46 PM

Default thanks jim

Jim,

I just bought the full version after reading your post about Numerology as rewire host. Numerology i think could making the ultimate softsynth host! I will replace ableton with it.
I play EWI and i have reason rewired to ableton along with kontakt omnisphere and mobius looper. I have found a a way to use numerology as a harmonizer for the EWI. I tried using Numerology as a vst plugin in ableton to feed the processed midi into reason and the other synths. Fortunately it does work with my latest and greatest i7 mac but the processor freaks out a bit. Maybe by bypassing the middle man ableton??? I am hoping that bypassing ableton and just using NUmerology as the host will free up some power. At the very least playing with NUmerology sequences is still great fun!

s
Old 10-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I just bought the full version after reading your post about Numerology as rewire host. Numerology i think could making the ultimate softsynth host! I will replace ableton with it.
Awesome, much appreciated! And certainly a good way to give a big bump to a feature request...

Quote:
I play EWI and i have reason rewired to ableton along with kontakt omnisphere and mobius looper. I have found a a way to use numerology as a harmonizer for the EWI.
Crazy!

Quote:
I tried using Numerology as a vst plugin in ableton to feed the processed midi into reason and the other synths. Fortunately it does work with my latest and greatest i7 mac but the processor freaks out a bit. Maybe by bypassing the middle man ableton???
Hmm, an odd situation, and worthy of further investigation, let me know if you are interested in pursuing that...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 10-13-2011, 10:33 AM

Default harmonizer

at the moment here is my method:

Nothing fancy!

i open up a vst instance of Numerology in Ableton.
I route the midi of the EWI into the plugin.
First i create an ableton chain so that with one trigger i can toggle between a midi feed that is coming from Num and one that is bypassing it. The trigger also hits play on the ableton sequencer.
Unfortunately without Ableton's sequencer playing I cant get the midi from my EWi to trigger the polynote. it passes through ok.
the polynote seems dependant on abletons clock to work.

The polynote is set as follows:

clicking on the small e

i set it to:
module play mode: midi trig gated
loop on
rec mode step
rec velocity on

everything else is off.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:59 AM

perhaps I can send you a stack Jim?
Old 10-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Unfortunately without Ableton's sequencer playing I cant get the midi from my EWi to trigger the polynote. it passes through ok.
the polynote seems dependant on abletons clock to work.
That is correct -- all the sequencers require a clock signal to run, and for the plugins, the clock signal is generated directly from the host's clock... (detecting a feature request here....) ... I suppose that once I re-enable the GrooveClock module for the plugins, you would be able to run a module independently from the host's clock...

Jim
Old 10-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
perhaps I can send you a stack Jim?
Yes, that would be great -- or the Ableton Live project, if that is convenient...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 10-13-2011, 12:07 PM

i sent you both the live project and the stack preset.
keep in mind this is beta work im involved with here.

Tags
rewire master