Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 12-21-2011, 10:03 PM

Default Can N3 Drive DAW Instruments?

This might be a silly question . . . or maybe I good one. I'm not sure!
I just picked up Studio One and I'm very excited because it might actually help instead of hinder like my last unmentionable DAW.

I was checking out their drum thingy called Impact. It's a cool little drum pad instrument; however, I would much rather trigger those cool pads with N3 if I could.

Can I?

If so, I can post my copy of Battery3 for sale and take my g/f out for a burrito!
Old 12-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Zai View Post
This might be a silly question . . . or maybe I good one. I'm not sure!
I just picked up Studio One and I'm very excited because it might actually help instead of hinder like my last unmentionable DAW.

I was checking out their drum thingy called Impact. It's a cool little drum pad instrument; however, I would much rather trigger those cool pads with N3 if I could.

Can I?
Yes. Since StudioOne support AU MIDI ouput and hosts VSTs, you have three options (sorry, you just have to live with options...

- Use the N3 AU or VST in Studio One.

- Use N3 standalone (or ReWire mode) and route MIDI to Studio One via an IAC bus.

If you will already be running the N3 app, then use the second option. Even if the timing isn't perfect, you can easily fix it later.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 12-22-2011, 05:24 PM

Oh, all these options!! :-).
Super! If I can keep it all in two Hosts until mastering I can live with that . . . until Numerology develops beyond my DAW. :-). I am finally able to imagine a workflow. Now I need to start giving it a go en vivo.
Hmm, should I sell Battery3? That is the question. hehe