Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 03-16-2019, 08:23 AM

Default midi cc control in AU plugin

Hi, I'm trying to control a CV mixer dial via midi cc using the most current plugin AU version in Ableton Live. When I Right click and Learn midi cc, my controller is not recognized. The Numerology indicator lights up showing that the plugin is registering midi, but it does not pick up the CV dial (or any other controls in the AU plugin if i follow the same process).

For an experiment, I went into Controller Setup, and there was able to get a macro knob assigned to a cc number by moving an encoder.

Anyone having problems like this?

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2019, 08:44 AM

Disregard previous. I restarted Ableton and the problem mysteriously resolved. I'm finding that current version of N4 locks up once in a while and requires a host restart.

Anyway, back to music-making...
Old 03-16-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaber View Post
Hi, I'm trying to control a CV mixer dial via midi cc using the most current plugin AU version in Ableton Live. When I Right click and Learn midi cc, my controller is not recognized. The Numerology indicator lights up showing that the plugin is registering midi, but it does not pick up the CV dial (or any other controls in the AU plugin if i follow the same process).

For an experiment, I went into Controller Setup, and there was able to get a macro knob assigned to a cc number by moving an encoder.

Anyone having problems like this?

Thanks!
Hi , you are not alone. I do not use Ableton Live but I see weird problems like yours using Digital Performer as a host. Very often, i got hard time to reproduce it.
Have fun.

Tags
ableton, midi, plugin