Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 11-25-2008, 08:25 AM

Default Timeline and presets

Hello!

I`m trying beta version of Numerology, must say that it is most exciting experience, probably will buy it after some time. But i have two questions:
Timeline-how is it working at all? i`m not sure, but it looks like that this section is not active at all, you can just select parts of it, but how can i put smth to it, how to build timeline?

Second one is about presets. May be again i just stupid, but all snapshots just the same, even if i`m changing parameters in each of them independently.
I`m doing it like this-1. building a rack(or stack,sorry). 2. making snapshot. 3. changing some parameters.4. making another snapshot. Is it correct way?

Thanx!
Old 11-26-2008, 05:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonomute View Post
But i have two questions:
Timeline-how is it working at all? i`m not sure, but it looks like that this section is not active at all, you can just select parts of it, but how can i put smth to it, how to build timeline?
To add preset 'blocks' to the timeline:
- Set the "Arrange" mode for the track to "TRK"
- Command-drag across the area of the track for the target stack that you want to insert a preset block into.

For more details, see Chapter 9 of the doc. I'll be expanding that chapter real soon now...

BTW: I have items on my todo list to auto-enable the timeline track when you first enter a block, and to add a 'helper' comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonomute View Post
Second one is about presets. May be again i just stupid, but all snapshots just the same, even if i`m changing parameters in each of them independently.
I`m doing it like this-1. building a rack(or stack,sorry). 2. making snapshot. 3. changing some parameters.4. making another snapshot. Is it correct way?
When you make a snapshot, Numerology creates a new preset with all the settings of the current preset, gives it a new name, and places it at the end of the preset list. It doesn't change the current preset, but if you move to the snapshot, it should have all the settings that you had when you made it.
The idea is: "save everything I have somewhere else so I can get to it later".

If you're seeing something different, definitely let me know. On the other hand, you might prefer to use "dup" instead of "snap". They are very similar (a bit too much so right now), but just after 2.0 is out, I'll be adding
revert/compare/save operations to presets (more on that later), and then the behavior differences between dup and snap will be more clear.

Cheers,
Jim