Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Third Party > Audio Units

Old 11-09-2011, 06:30 PM

Default Problem with expert sleepers ES-4 (silent way)

Hi!

I'm having some problems with the ES-4 and output from Numerology. It works fine in other software packages.

I think the problem has to do with the volume out. (I've tried Audio Out module and regular Audio Out - same result). If I try to trig a gate on channel 3 then channel 4 (and some of the outputs on the gate expander that I got on that channel) also starts trigging. I'm also not sure that all the CV data is correct on channel 1, but the "leak" from 3->4->5 (yes - sometimes even 5) is not hard to spot.

Anyone got the ES4 module? Any ideas how to fix this? If I lower the volume on the spdif out I can recreate the trig problem all over the place, but I can't seem to get it right.

Also - seems that some of the values in SW don't get updated when I open the plugin again. The values don't always reflect the true setting (for example unipolar/bipolar). I've had this problem in the regular voice controller as well, not just the ES4 plugin.

Thanks for reading!
Regards
/fredrik
Old 11-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Administrator

I don't have an ES-4, so I can't test directly, but I'll email Os and ask for any type of signal processing that could cause this behavior.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 11-09-2011, 06:54 PM

Thanks! Can't wait to get this thing going with numerology ...
Old 11-10-2011, 06:07 AM

Os here. In general, you can't apply any processing (which includes volume adjustment) to the output of the ES-4 Controller plug-in. I'll try Numerology and the ES-4 later myself and see if I can see any issues.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:12 AM

Hi and thanks!

Just to clarify:

MonoNote -> ES-4 Controller -> Audio Out module (or to Audio Output, tried both).

The volume comment was just me trying to explain what I think is the problem. I can get the bytes all wrong by lowering the volume, but with full volume it still isn't right ...

BUT it works super awesome in Live so thanks for making this module! Now lets just hope this is fixable.

Cheers from Sweden
/fredrik
Old 11-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieFredrik View Post
Hi and thanks!

Just to clarify:

MonoNote -> ES-4 Controller -> Audio Out module (or to Audio Output, tried both).

The volume comment was just me trying to explain what I think is the problem. I can get the bytes all wrong by lowering the volume, but with full volume it still isn't right ...

BUT it works super awesome in Live so thanks for making this module! Now lets just hope this is fixable.

Cheers from Sweden
/fredrik
Should be totally fixable, just need a few days....

Cheers,
Jim
Old 11-14-2011, 10:36 AM

Thanks! No rush!

Tags
bug, error, es4, expert sleepers, spdif