Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Eurorack Hardware > Vector Sequencer

Old 03-08-2017, 12:38 AM

Talking Epic!

As someone who has been using Numerology since Level1 and still heavily uses the sequencers in the VST and who has just invested in modular I am ecstatic to see this module. How can I sign up for alerts and or beta testing?
Old 03-08-2017, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchbutter View Post
As someone who has been using Numerology since Level1 and still heavily uses the sequencers in the VST and who has just invested in modular I am ecstatic to see this module.
Excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchbutter View Post
How can I sign up for alerts and or beta testing?
Email info (AT) five12 <dot> com -- put 'Vector Sequencer' in the subject line, and in the body mention you want to subscribe to updates.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 03-08-2017, 12:22 PM

I will pretty much buy this immediately - I love numerology and generative sequencing, and this is right in my wheelhouse! Hopefully at some point you are looking for beta testers!

Here's a link to some of my modular experiments with generative sequencing, including some sequencing I've done on the modular via Numerology, to say that I'm looking forward to this sequencer is the understatement of the century!

https://soundcloud.com/giftculture/s...ar-experiments
Old 03-08-2017, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftculture View Post
I will pretty much buy this immediately - I love numerology and generative sequencing, and this is right in my wheelhouse! Hopefully at some point you are looking for beta testers!
In that case definitely email me to get on the announcement list. The general plan is to do a small initial production run and sell those direct, then for subsequent batches, allocate most of those units to dealers. Folks on the announce list will get the first chance to order off that initial run.

Quote:
Here's a link to some of my modular experiments with generative sequencing, including some sequencing I've done on the modular via Numerology, to say that I'm looking forward to this sequencer is the understatement of the century!

https://soundcloud.com/giftculture/s...ar-experiments
Sweet -- thanks for sharing!!

Jim
Old 03-08-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
In that case definitely email me to get on the announcement list. The general plan is to do a small initial production run and sell those direct, then for subsequent batches, allocate most of those units to dealers. Folks on the announce list will get the first chance to order off that initial run.

Sweet -- thanks for sharing!!

Jim
My pleasure and I actually emailed you before my initial post, info@five12.com, right?
Old 03-08-2017, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
My pleasure and I actually emailed you before my initial post, info@five12.com, right?
Yup -- you're on there !

Cheers,
Jim
Old 03-09-2017, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Front Panel Layout... I'm still working out some details as to button color and labeling. There is a possibility I may use Illuminated buttons for some things -- specifically edit modes, but I haven't evaluated any parts for that yet.

The larger round circles are encoders, the smaller ones are all buttons. The front panel will be aluminum with black text and red accent graphics.
This all looks very promising and exciting! Numerology was always crying out for a dedicated controller. Something between the ease of use of, say, a dark time from Doepfer and the capability of the Cirklon would make sense. Being able to program from Numerology on the computer and then load into the module would be great. One thing that would occur to me would be to incorporate features that the Cirklon does not have (complex envelope/LFO sequencing like the Control Forge does). I would think though that it may need a dedicated breakout box for advanced CV sequencing.

Would also love to meet up at Superbooth if you can make it Jim!
Old 03-09-2017, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
This all looks very promising and exciting! Numerology was always crying out for a dedicated controller. Something between the ease of use of, say, a dark time from Doepfer and the capability of the Cirklon would make sense. Being able to program from Numerology on the computer and then load into the module would be great.
That's the general idea -- create patterns on hardware, load into the computer or vice-versa. Indeed, I just got the SD card to mount via USB on my Mac. However, don't go overboard with expectations, the hardware seq isn't going to be able to load full Numerology stacks -- that's too much for this little chip to handle. Think instead of a generic "hardware compatible" stack -- a couple simplified mod seqs, a main sequencer (mono or poly), presets and playlist settings.

The controller bit comes in when you want to keep you main work on the computer -- for bigger stacks, running audio plugins, etc.

Quote:
One thing that would occur to me would be to incorporate features that the Cirklon does not have (complex envelope/LFO sequencing like the Control Forge does). I would think though that it may need a dedicated breakout box for advanced CV sequencing.
I'm hoping to have 2 mod seqs for each main sequencer, mostly for internal modulation, but you would be able to override say the "accent" out for a part to use a mod seq instead of the "velocity" part of the main seq. Indeed, if I can swing it right, you'd be able to have sub-sequencers for accent and gate, w/ the main seq for pitch. Sound familiar?

Quote:
Would also love to meet up at Superbooth if you can make it Jim!
It's looking pretty slim right now, but I'll post here if I can go.

Jim
Old 03-16-2017, 05:28 AM

You're THE man Jim! this is really great

I don't know if this went on to the Numerology Requests as i don't come much on the Forum, but it would be great to implement Altered scales on Vector (also in Numerology) like Major Phrigyan, Lydian minor 7th... It'd be definetely amazing to have Just intonation scales for Ragas, being a CV module it would allow for microtonal configs! Well, just thinking out loud
Old 03-20-2017, 05:22 AM

This is just fantastic! Been wishing for a Numerology sequencer in EURO for years now. Don't want to use the computer for anything else than recording and mixing. Is there an ETA on the VECTOR? And what about price?

Thanks for making this happen Jim )