Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 11-22-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaine View Post
Hi Aramis!

In fact I am still on El Capitan 10.11.6 and some some stupid reason I cannot open some Numbers or Pages documents which are made with my iMac running high Sierra. If Mojave works I thought I'd jump straight to it. (I don't even know where I could get those earlier Sierra or High Sierra...)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/maco...414?ls=1&mt=12

Try that link for Sierra ;-)
Old 11-22-2018, 11:34 AM

Thanks Aramis! In fact if you google "High Sierra" you'll find easily this link as well. It's funny that these links lead you to App Store but in store itself you won't find them if you search them (these are hidden). Apple seems try to put newest OS to as many as possible.

But the main question remains and it's mostly targeted to @Jim:
Is there still reason expect problems in Mojave? Should we wait? (And now when we have links for Sierra and High Sierra) From Numerology point of view, what's the safest OS?

Thx,
P

Last edited by PLaine; 11-22-2018 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Thanks Aramis! In fact if you google "High Sierra" you'll find easily this link as well. It's funny that these links lead you to App Store but in store itself you won't them if you search them (these are hidden). Apple seems try to put newest OS to as many as possible.

But the main question remains and it's mostly targeted to @Jim:
Is there still reason expect problems in Mojave? Should we wait? (And now when we have links for Sierra and High Sierra) From Numerology point of view, what's the safest OS?

Thx,
P
I do have 2 computers for Numerology
One is a 2010 Mac Mini with Sierra and I will not be able to update to Mojave.
The second is an iMac with also Sierra on it but I am planning to update it next year some time to Mojave .

The thing is that I need to be certain that Spectrasonics and Native Komplete Ultimate 11 plus Digital Performer works in Mojave .

In the mean time, Sierra is my paradise.
Aramis
Old 12-01-2018, 11:35 AM

Default iMac+fresh install of Mojave !!!!!!!

Hi Guys, I have done a fresh install of Mojave on my iMac and I have installed Numerology Pro most recent version on it. Plus, Digital Performer.
No luck! The standalone does not open and the vst plugin is erratic in Digital Performer.

My new Mac Mini is on hold ;-)
Old 12-01-2018, 05:31 PM

Well, good to know!

I am still kind of a wondering whether to update to Sierra or High Sierra...? I cannot stay forever with my El Capitan. As said earlier there are some apps like Numbers or Pages which I can't update anymore.

To me this is quite a crucial question because I am a professional live stage player who uses Numerology standalone to control my hardware synths.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Well, good to know!

I am still kind of a wondering whether to update to Sierra or High Sierra...? I cannot stay forever with my El Capitan. As said earlier there are some apps like Numbers or Pages which I can't update anymore.

To me this is quite a crucial question because I am a professional live stage player who uses Numerology standalone to control my hardware synths.
How about having 2 drives bootable ? One original (El Capitan) the second being your El Capitan updated to Sierra?
Old 12-02-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
How about having 2 drives bootable ? One original (El Capitan) the second being your El Capitan updated to Sierra?
Well, is it really necessary? Now when we already have Mojave, isn't it safe to update Sierra or High Sierra? What I've been trying to ask, is to have kind of general answer (from Jim mostly) that is it safe or not? I am quite sure that we should wait with Mojave, but how is it with those two earlier?
Old 12-02-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Well, is it really necessary? Now when we already have Mojave, isn't it safe to update Sierra or High Sierra? What I've been trying to ask, is to have kind of general answer (from Jim mostly) that is it safe or not? I am quite sure that we should wait with Mojave, but how is it with those two earlier?
OH! I see, i had misunderstood,
In your situation, I would make a nice backup of your drive on another drive.
Next, I would update to Sierra first. I say that because I am using Sierra on my 2 computers and it works fine for me with Numerology Pro 178 and all of my plugins( NativeInstruments Komplete 11 Ultimate, Omnisphere etc..... I have not been to High Sierra because i want to be safe all the time.
The safest way to do that is to have a backup. I am sorry to insist on that point.
;-)
Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM

Hi,

It became obvious that apps like Numbers or Pages won't not update anymore unless you have at least High Sierra. So I had to make this choice and skip Sierra and hope for the best with Numerology. Time will tell if everything goes smoothy from now on...