Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum


Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Music > Your Music

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-02-2011, 08:36 AM
TwoToneshuzz TwoToneshuzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 815
Default Improvisation into Numbers

Hi folks, heres a probable first I'm posting a raw improvisation that I recorded into my Numerology piano recorder setup.

It's just one stack with a sequencer that isn't on, a NI kontakt instrument New York Steinway, midi weighted keyboard, an old yamaha P80 midi out into my Midi Timepiece II, this is hooked up to a midisport 2x2 into the imac usb.

I setup the stack to record midi and audio check the levels, turn up the headphones, press play and that's it..

Improvisation into Numbers..

No edits

http://www.box.net/shared/hf66lvg7dt2lj3j7sxy8

Thanks for listening..

Wade
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-03-2011, 11:51 AM
jim jim is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 4,570
Default

I'm diggin' it, thanks for sharing! I'm also looking forward to the day when you'll be able to recording MIDI streams like that directly (and accurately) into a Numerology sequencer of some sort....

Cheers,
Jim
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-03-2011, 01:47 PM
TwoToneshuzz TwoToneshuzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 815
Default Improvistion is ear training in practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
I'm diggin' it, thanks for sharing! I'm also looking forward to the day when you'll be able to recording MIDI streams like that directly (and accurately) into a Numerology sequencer of some sort....

Cheers,
Jim
Sounds interesting!

I find recording the audio from a stack like this pretty useful, as Numerology is much quicker to load with a singel stack and plug in than say firing up logic..

Then I just import the file from the media folder into itunes and have a listen back... It's kind of nice just to record raw imspiration and then not feel I have to look at the piano roll in a sequencer editor and see all the mistakes that need fixing.. It takes that load off the old shoulders.

Should I later want to get into editing I always have the midi file that I can import to Logic..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-03-2011, 10:29 PM
jim jim is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 4,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoToneshuzz View Post
Sounds interesting!
Yes! (but I can't say anything else about it yet...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoToneshuzz View Post
I find recording the audio from a stack like this pretty useful, as Numerology is much quicker to load with a singel stack and plug in than say firing up logic..
Ditto -- I regularly use N3 for quick recordings, and to get quick 1/2 or 1/4 speed conversions of things...

Cheers,
Jim
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-05-2011, 02:35 AM
hdsc hdsc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoToneshuzz View Post
Hi folks, heres a probable first I'm posting a raw improvisation that I recorded into my Numerology piano recorder setup.

It's just one stack with a sequencer that isn't on, a NI kontakt instrument New York Steinway, midi weighted keyboard, an old yamaha P80 midi out into my Midi Timepiece II, this is hooked up to a midisport 2x2 into the imac usb.

I setup the stack to record midi and audio check the levels, turn up the headphones, press play and that's it..

Improvisation into Numbers..

No edits

http://www.box.net/shared/hf66lvg7dt2lj3j7sxy8

Thanks for listening..

Wade
Sounds good. Nice & relaxing and reminds me of Anime.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-05-2011, 03:15 AM
TwoToneshuzz TwoToneshuzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdsc View Post
Sounds good. Nice & relaxing and reminds me of Anime.
Thanks for the compliment,

Anime, I'll have to give it a listen..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-06-2011, 07:04 AM
hdsc hdsc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 52
Default

Anime = Japanese animation

You could totally score one.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.