Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 07-16-2015, 03:06 PM

Default Slow fade out on a channel/rack

Is there a way to change an envelope parameter (decay) from a preset?

I have an ostinato on a rack (duh!) driving U-he Zebra and the last preset is a sustained note and I would like to fade this out somehow. The way I vision this can be done is by changing the decay parameter from the one used in the ostinato to something rather long, and then mute the rack, thus sending a note off which triggers the envelope and provides the fade out.

So, how can I do this? I fiddled with the LFO but that seems not to fit the bill, nor did I manage to connect the faderbox to Zebra. (My thought was that I could have two settings in two presets)

Cheers,

K
Old 07-16-2015, 03:32 PM

Maybe throwing in a Triple XY, or Faderbox, controlling your volume and using its Glide to fade out?

One may stream the signal through a dedicated "fading in and out" stack and have presets for different Glide values (length of face out/in)
soundcloud.com/pboy
Old 07-16-2015, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Boysen View Post
Maybe throwing in a Triple XY, or Faderbox, controlling your volume and using its Glide to fade out?
So I tried adding a Faderbox again but I had to admit defeat: I see that the faders all have corresponding CV outputs but how can I control the volume of the channel with this CV?
Old 07-16-2015, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by koenig View Post
So I tried adding a Faderbox again but I had to admit defeat: I see that the faders all have corresponding CV outputs but how can I control the volume of the channel with this CV?
Here's the FaderBox option: Add a ParamMod and a Pan&Volume module to your stack. Route a FaderBox CV to the ParamMod, and set the ParamMod to target the volume on the Pan&Volume. Use the 'Glide' param on the FaderBox to get the desired param change time on the Volume param.

Thinking a bit more here: Actually, you could just pick "Add Modulation" from the Stack menu, target a volume param on Diva, with a sequencer as the mod source. Then tweak the sequencer to work as a somewhat-crude-but-still-effective automation track...

Jim
Old 07-18-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Thinking a bit more here: Actually, you could just pick "Add Modulation" from the Stack menu, target a volume param on Diva, with a sequencer as the mod source. Then tweak the sequencer to work as a somewhat-crude-but-still-effective automation track...
I did this and it worked, sort of.

(I originally planned to insert a picture here with my setup but I could not understand how I can attach an image)

I have done exactly as you suggested and that worked like charm. The problem comes later, when I stop the transport:

The ModSeq has done its thing and the output volume from Zebra is zero. When I then stop the transport the volume is restored to its original value and I get the tail from the synth, that is the remnant after note off.

I worked around this by adding another preset with mute and select that before the ModSeq resets (and thus goes back to 100% volume again) and I think I can automate this by adding yet another ModSeq as an arranger, as per your tip in my other thread about linking presets.