Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 07-20-2015, 02:39 PM

Default AU MX plugin issue with Push on Logic X

Hi,

I'm about to use the Numerology AU MX plugin now in Logic X with the Ableton Push that I use to play nots etc. In order to control Logic X with Push I'm running the PXT-General and that works very well. But unfortunately, when I open an instance of the Numerology AU MX it kicks in the whole Numerology Supports Push shebang. Since one AU MX instance on a Logic track doesn't have any separate Keyboard Stack I cant play now. This situation seems a bad Catch 22 to me.

Any ideas how to solve this?

I wish there would be either a way to deactivate Numerology's Push support or that the Push support must only be active in the Numerology standalone version (where I totally love it, but with Logic I do need my rubber pads along the PXT-G setup)
soundcloud.com/pboy
Old 07-20-2015, 02:46 PM

Oh, and another thing I'm finding problematic; there is no Velocity Sequencer in the AU MX plugin. I guess this makes it impossible to set up "discrete sequencing", i.e. with different patterns for velocity and note/gate? Does someone know a way to get around this?
soundcloud.com/pboy
Old 07-21-2015, 10:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Boysen View Post
Hi,

I'm about to use the Numerology AU MX plugin now in Logic X with the Ableton Push that I use to play nots etc. In order to control Logic X with Push I'm running the PXT-General and that works very well. But unfortunately, when I open an instance of the Numerology AU MX it kicks in the whole Numerology Supports Push shebang. Since one AU MX instance on a Logic track doesn't have any separate Keyboard Stack I cant play now. This situation seems a bad Catch 22 to me.

I wish there would be either a way to deactivate Numerology's Push support or that the Push support must only be active in the Numerology standalone version (where I totally love it, but with Logic I do need my rubber pads along the PXT-G setup)
I'll mull it over a bit -- for now you'll just have to remove the controller setup for the push. My guess is that a big 'enable/disable' button in the controller setup will be the way to go, but I wan't to double-check a couple things first…

Jim
Old 07-21-2015, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Oh, and another thing I'm finding problematic; there is no Velocity Sequencer in the AU MX plugin. I guess this makes it impossible to set up "discrete sequencing", i.e. with different patterns for velocity and note/gate? Does someone know a way to get around this?
That's odd.. Anyway, easy to get around: Use a ModSeq with the range set to 0-1 and mode set to stepped -- it will look different, but does exactly the same thing… (I'll check the velocity seq in AUMX-land…)

Cheers,
Jim
Old 07-22-2015, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Use a ModSeq with the range set to 0-1 and mode set to stepped -- it will look different, but does exactly the same thing…
Ah... didn't come to my mind. Thank you!
soundcloud.com/pboy
Old 08-30-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Hi,

+1 on a "disable" feature for us Logic users who would prefer PXT-General to control Push when using Logic (while being able to easily ENABLE Numerology control when using Live). thanks.