Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Third Party > Audio Units

Old 08-09-2012, 09:19 PM

Default Melda's MVocoder

I just purchased Melda's MVocoder (for the low, low introductory price of 10 euros) but I'm having a problem with it in Numerology Pro. It uses two audio inputs, one for the carrier signal and one for the modulator signal. These both show up in Plogue Bidule and Live but not in Numerology. That is, unlike ReaktorFX, there is no prompt for choosing number of inputs.

Is there something I need to do to fix this? Or is there something the Melda developer needs to do to make their AU provide proper I/O information to Numerology?
Old 08-10-2012, 01:17 PM

I have a plug called CL series compressor by ArtsAcoustic it has two stereo inputs, one is meant to be used as a sidechain signal.

This shows up in the Numerology routing page, so I'd think perhaps there's something up with the AU version of the Vocoder.

Hope they can fix it for you as it would be an interesting tool.

Wade
Old 08-11-2012, 03:44 PM

This is the response from MeldaProduction (via KVRAudio):

Quote:
Well, I don't think I have heard about Numerology so far, but it seems working in all other AU hosts, so I'd assume it is problem in it. Don't you have surround enabled btw? Some hosts don't like it (though I'm not aware about any AU host like that). Though our plugins can all have any number of input channels from any input bus up to the maximum, while most plugins are simply 2->2 or something, so maybe that's what confuses Numerology. If they won't know, just let them contact me via info@meldaproduction.com .
Within the plugin, I have the "Surround" setting disabled, although it doesn't seem to matter either way -- Numerology Pro doesn't prompt for I/O config for this plugin.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Probably it is just a channel/bus format combination that Numerology doesn't recognize yet. I'll look into it.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 10-15-2012, 05:03 AM

That's funny. I just had a coffee with Vojtěch (Melda guy) last week. Nice guy. He was telling me all about the complexities involved in supporting so many DAWs. Sounds like a nightmare!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlydrybeans View Post
That's funny. I just had a coffee with Vojtěch (Melda guy) last week. Nice guy. He was telling me all about the complexities involved in supporting so many DAWs. Sounds like a nightmare!
A bit -- now consider being a plugin host as well as a plugin (and a ReWire client)...

FYI: Build 64 should support the MVocoder properly...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 10-18-2012, 01:21 PM

Thanks, Jim -- works great!