Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 02-06-2014, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Default Numerology 4 Build 129

Use the "Check for Updates" function to get it -- once I have confirmation everything is working (reasonably) smoothly, I'll post public links. There are a lot of changes and updates in this version, so be sure to check the fix list if there is something you're looking for. If it isn't there, feel free to ping me (via email or 'contact five12') -- if you haven't already contacted me in the last couple weeks. There are still quite a few things for me to look at, but almost all the features are done, and the fix list is shrinking rapidly. A big thanks to everyone for sending in their reports!

Numerology 4 Build 129

New Features:

- New welcome screen. By default, this dialog will show up by default when starting N4 -- until you set your startup action preferences otherwise. You can also bring it up at any time via shift-command-N.

It allows you to easily do a number of things:
- Open a recent project. This list shows your last 300 projects, with dates & full path names
- Select a demo track (once I start putting them in the build)
- browse the projects folder (more on that front coming soon)
- create a new file
- jump to the Numerology manual.
- jump to the five12.net website
- jump to Five12 videos on Vimeo
- set your "startup action" preference for Numerology
- It will display a News Feed that I (hopefully) will update frequently with interesting stuff.

- New Chords: The ChordSeq has 29 new chords:
Triads: sus4, sus2
Extended: Maj6, min6 (I renamed the 2nd chord family from Tri+1 to Extended)
7ths : 7sus4, m7b5, aug7
9ths : Maj9, min9, Dom9, 7b9, 7#9, V-9, Dm9, 6/9, add9, mAdd9
11ths & 13ths : Maj11, M11-3, M11-3,5, min11, m11-3, m11-3,5, Dom11, D11-3, D11-3,5, 7#11, #11, 13th

OSC: Direct access calls:

Numerology 4 Pro will now directly parse and process three new OSC message types with the following address patterns:

- Two variants for 'Set Parameter'. The first incorporates the value into the address string and is intented for
'set this param to this value when I push a button' type of mappings:
/Five12/SetParam/<module name>/<param id>/<param index>/<param value>

The second variant has the param value as a numeric (float) argument.
/Five12/SetParam/<module name>/<param id>/<param index> <param value>

IMPORTANT: no scaling is applied to either variant, so you have to send the full range of the parameter!

Also: Use the "MIDI OSC Mappings" dialog to find out the ID for any Param.

The third message is for Set Preset:

/Five12/SetPreset/<stack name>/<preset number>

Fixes & Updates:

- Preset Detail : Fixed a bug whereby sometimes values in the "length in beats" number box were not saved.

- MIDI CLips & Num AU/VST : Fixed a bug where MIDI Clips were always half as long as they should be.

- MonoNote/PolyNote : Tweaked behavior during realtime recording to improve 'thru' performance for played notes.

- AU/VST : Fixed an error when saving stacks that included (non enabled) AU-hosting modules.

- Launchpad : Fixed a problem with the DrumSeq where grid pages for Gate, StepLen, etc. would not move
correctly through sections.

- Fixed a (quite rare) crash that could happen when adding a new module.

- ParamMod : When using auto-scale to modulate an 'enumerated' parameter (i.e. a parameter whose values are set
via a menu), fixed an issue where you couldn't get to the minimum value.

- ParamMod : Fixed a problem when modulating sequencer ratio-mode numerator and denominator values whereby you
couldn't set the minimum value (which is 1).

- Quit & Save Changes: Fixed a problem where N4 would not quit after saving changes.
- New File & Save Changes: Fixed a problem where N4, when opening a new file, would not close the previous file after saving.
- Close Project & Save Changes: Fixed a problem where N4, when closing a project, would not close the project after saving.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:13 AM

excellent, just downloaded and the improved midi recording works a treat.

just one 'issue', MonoNote/PolyNote does not play the first note after the record,
e.g. imagine you record a 4/4 , 1 bar, Qtr note
so you play: CDEF... then stop, it will not play the C the first time,
i.e. you hear after you stop: rest DEF,CDEF,CDEF.

you can workaround by doubling the divide IF its non legato on the last note of the phrase (since the last beat of the phrase will not sound, but you weren't playing anyway)

note: even if you switch to play mode immediately after the last note, it still will not play the first note of the phrase.

I'm wondering if the issue is N4 is confused as to if to play the note or not, as you might be continuing to record and therefore want a rest? (though the stop record should not have this issue)

It might be nice to have a fixed fixed length recording option e.g. it records for sequence length and then stops recording (i think my preferred solution)
(though I could code this in the stack)

as I say a minor issue, and really looking forward to playing with this more later today
Old 02-08-2014, 01:53 AM

Oddly enough, when I start up a new project in N4 with Live open first(so it Rewires), it won't let me add any modules to the stack. It tries, but just blinks and never shows up in the undo history.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by renderful View Post
Oddly enough, when I start up a new project in N4 with Live open first(so it Rewires), it won't let me add any modules to the stack. It tries, but just blinks and never shows up in the undo history.
Try this:
- Start Numerology with the shift key held down. It should confirm you want to start in debug mode.
- Quit Numerology and start Live (to get the N4 ReWire driver loaded in debug mode).
- Start Numerology again, confirm you want to stay in debug mode, and try to add a MonoNote to the stack.
- Use 'Contact Five12' to report a bug. Be sure to let me know which version of Live you are using and the bit-ness (32 or 64).

Meanwhile, there's a chance that this might resolve the issue:
- Delete the ReWire driver:
<your hard drive>/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/ReWire/Numerology4ReWireDevice.plugin
- Reboot
- Start Numerology standalone -- it should ask for an admin password so it can re-install its ReWire driver.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 02-10-2014, 08:22 PM

Great update Jim.

Love the new Navigator box. I've got it seeing my Projects (I previously had them in a "Numerology" folder in my Documents folder...dragged them over to the Music/Five12/Projects). The Recents don't show up for some reason...Hmmm.

A small request would be: The ability to choose a specific project to be the default that opens up on launch. I do this with Ableton where it opens to a default I made that's ready to go with my hardware set up. A template if you will.

Another question is: How do I turn off "Debug" mode. I've clicked the "Debug Off" button and it still pops up everytime I launch???

Cheers

Last edited by CF3; 02-11-2014 at 04:47 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:22 PM

I'm running Numerology4 Pro Build 128 in OS X 10.6.8, and when I select Check for Updates... from the menu, nothing seems to happen.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:38 PM

Default Not totally working

If I create a new document, the launch pad is pretty much empty. None of the sequencers/tracks show up. Is there a set of older builds that I can download to restore things?

Midi clock/transport out seems weird too. My monomachine used to slave to ext clock perfectly but now it says 'ext' for a sec and then it loses the sync.

Peace,
John

UPDATE---

I deleted it and reinstalled and the LP seems to be working again. Just FYI, in case anyone else has that issue.

UPDATE --

Looks like my usb Midi Interface (Motu MicroLite) is no longer being seen properly by numerology. It's listed in the dropdown in a stack's module view in black. If I select it in this view and hit tab to go to the routing view of the stack, the Midi Out dropdown says 'none'. All in all, the behaviour in this regard seems really odd.

Last edited by underscorefunk; 02-11-2014 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscorefunk View Post
Looks like my usb Midi Interface (Motu MicroLite) is no longer being seen properly by numerology. It's listed in the dropdown in a stack's module view in black. If I select it in this view and hit tab to go to the routing view of the stack, the Midi Out dropdown says 'none'. All in all, the behaviour in this regard seems really odd.
First make sure you have the latest version -- build 129 of Numerology 4. If not, then use "Check for Updates" to get the latest one, or just email me for the link. If you do have the latest version, then start Numerology with the shift key held down, confirm you want to start in debug mode, then use 'Contact Five12' to file a bug report.

Thanks!
Jim
Old 02-11-2014, 04:55 PM

Default gettin' there

I managed to fix whatever was plaguing my midi stuff. I complete reinstalled my midi hardware and cleared out the audio midi setup. Chalk that up to a ghost in the machine.

The drum seq display on the LP paginates now but it if I go to page 2, the values from page 1 end up getting displayed as the position column of illuminated pads passes by. Entering in the values works perfectly but it's still a touch broken. If I flip back to page 1 and then go back to 2, the values for the second page appear correctly until the position bar strobes past as well.

Both the note divide and note probability have this issue.

p.s. the quick navigator dealie is awesome!

-J

Last edited by underscorefunk; 02-11-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I managed to fix whatever was plaguing my midi stuff. I complete reinstalled my midi hardware and cleared out the audio midi setup. Chalk that up to a ghost in the machine.
Ok...

Quote:
The drum seq display on the LP paginates now but it if I go to page 2, the values from page 1 end up getting displayed as the position column of illuminated pads passes by. Entering in the values works perfectly but it's still a touch broken. If I flip back to page 1 and then go back to 2, the values for the second page appear correctly until the position bar strobes past as well.

Both the note divide and note probability have this issue.
That will be fixed in build 130 -- out in a few hours...

Quote:
p.s. the quick navigator dealie is awesome!
Yup! One thing I'd like to do is consolidate a few more things into it, but that can wait...

Cheers,
Jim