Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Old 10-01-2011, 04:22 PM

Default A few!

Scripting, an grid Automata sequencer to use with the Launchpad integration, and REX file support. I would love to have something to use REX files or at least a slicer for aiff/wavs.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombitron View Post
Scripting, an grid Automata sequencer to use with the Launchpad integration, and REX file support. I would love to have something to use REX files or at least a slicer for aiff/wavs.
Whats a grid Automata sequencer. We got sequencers up the valhalla over here! You gonnaa knock my coffee into my keyboard and rex it? Slicers they got a used one over at the sandwich shop, Seriously we got enough fun here. Check out some the the great tools jue has built, or I just made a wavetable synth, plus a WAVEFO from a bunch of wavefroms.. A slicer? Well I guess yiou have Audacity don't you well I oughta, you didn't realize the Ardour we have put into making a nice homes for our noteses... Chop chop all the time Chop chop well this ain't no chop shop!

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 10-01-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:55 AM

he is most likely referring to cellular automata which will not produce anything too musical in regards to sequencing as it is a semi randomized + rules checkerboard type process
cellular automata and fractals seem to be best understood in a visual context

rex files and audio chopping is a good idea but that can be done quite easily by using audio files or rex sliced in an ableton drum rack driven by an n3 drum seq
but i believe the poster thinks that ableton has something to do with sexual orientation and not music production
Old 10-04-2011, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientidm View Post
he is most likely referring to cellular automata which will not produce anything too musical in regards to sequencing as it is a semi randomized + rules checkerboard type process
cellular automata and fractals seem to be best understood in a visual context

rex files and audio chopping is a good idea but that can be done quite easily by using audio files or rex sliced in an ableton drum rack driven by an n3 drum seq
but i believe the poster thinks that ableton has something to do with sexual orientation and not music production
That's deep about the automata. I was kind of in a huff because he stated in another post that he thought Numerology was expensive, and was going to suggest the Features that made it worth 200$, which maybe some think is expensive. But in my experience not only the program as is but the Developers support level is above phenomenal it's perfect.. I have expensive plugs, worth hundreds of dollars from other developers and they are essentially unsupported..

But as far a Rex and Sampling support is concerned. I think they could be A OKAy but I do already have maschine. and logic and most samplers have an editor for slicing or can read Rex files.. So if I was heavily into sampling and was shopping for one right now I'd jump on the Moto crossgrade offer for Mach 5. I aready have a EX24 in logic so that makes me eligible for the deal.

But I won't be getting the Motu. I've got to use what I've got go into more depth with what I have Maschine, Blofeld. I also have made a great Wavetable synth now that's pretty cool all with the Numerology included modules.. It is more than just cool it's AWewasommme.

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 10-04-2011 at 04:44 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:57 AM

mach five v3 looks absolutely phenomenal!

n3 pro for 200 bucks is pennies for what you get and to complain about it is to demonstrate a complete ignorance of the history of sequencing
it's basically an entire 70's era tangerine dream sequencing rig on your laptop x whatever
Old 10-04-2011, 02:57 PM

REX loop support in Numerology is easy -- use the free UVIWorkstation audiounit. It will slice up REX files and Apple loops, then map the segments to midi notes.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:08 PM

^^ I have to agree. There are a few things I'd like to see in the sampler, but I actually prefer the non-sequencer stuff pretty rudimentary.

Numerology is, after all, a sequencer, not a sampler - and I don't want to see Numerology be bogged down by what plugins can do.

As for numerology being expensive, it is - until you start using it. It quickly becomes your primary sequencer.

Last edited by foreward; 10-04-2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Just chiming in (a bit late)... all reasonable requests. I'm not a big fan of automata-based sequencing -- I think you can get more usable results from the generator tools that we already have, but I am totally familiar with Wolfram's work in this area, so having something that works in that vein does make sense. As for Rex files, I am a licensee, but my Numerology dev focus right now is on controllers and sequencing related items...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 10-06-2011, 02:04 PM

cellular automata can be very interesting for percussive stuff .... however, I think one need really deep access to all the data you can get out of it.

i did a project where i used the number of dying, the number of newly generated 'particles', modulated the life-time and generation rate, divided the columns into articulation scales, etc. (a concept for articulations is something that is missing massively in Numerology IMHO)

there is lots of space to experiment with that. however, I am not sure if a module implementation can provide the level of flexibility which might be desirable....

another thing that is nice, althought you can pretty easily imitate it in numerology, is the bounce mode of the tenori-on. the interface on the tenori-on (or iPad equivalent) makes it a joy to experiment with that.

just my thoughts,

best

Last edited by steff3; 10-06-2011 at 02:10 PM.