Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 11-01-2013, 08:24 AM

Default Feature Question

Like everybody else here, I am ecstatic and cannot wait for the new release!

I was wondering if you may have any plans of implementing a "Solo" Function in the DrumSeq module for individual drum hits, perhaps next to the current "Mute" select on each drum hit?

I am using multiple drum machines in the studio that are integrated and assigned individual hits in Ableton's Drum Racks. I then have Numerology driving the Drum Racks. Such a fun way of writing!

Since I am running the Main Outs of my drum machines there's no way of Soloing/Muting individual drum hits unless it's by Midi, which is where Numerology's Mute's come in handy on the Drum Modules, so it would be great to have a Solo as well

I'm wondering if anybody else's workflow would benefit from such a feature?

Best,
pegah
Old 11-01-2013, 08:33 AM

Can't wait for v4 !
Meanwhile Jim, would it be do-able for you, without much hassle (or else, don't bother, no worry , to have a 64bit N3Pro build (with 64bit Rewire engine) please ?
Old 11-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nil View Post
Meanwhile Jim, would it be do-able for you, without much hassle (or else, don't bother, no worry , to have a 64bit N3Pro build (with 64bit Rewire engine) please ?
Nope -- too many changes and testing to back-port the 64-bit stuff. Relax, registered users will all have access to the new stuff pretty soon...

Jim
Old 11-01-2013, 01:27 PM

Hehe perfect then ! I hope I didn't sound pushy, wasn't my intention at all. Take all the time you need, there's no rush... just fanboy impatience !
Old 11-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nil View Post
Hehe perfect then ! I hope I didn't sound pushy, wasn't my intention at all. Take all the time you need, there's no rush... just fanboy impatience !
No worries man, I will be steadily spreading the N4 love out over the next few weeks...

Jim
Old 11-24-2013, 12:45 PM

Did the midi import function make it into the beta release of N4 or is it still on hold? I can't seem to find it.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:03 PM

Any Push users here successful in using it with N4Pro(build 120)?
My lcd display is getting info from N4Pro, some pads light up in different colours, but that's about it.
I've selected Push from the controller setup menu, set the in and out ports to Push User port.

Ableton Live 9.1 was released this week, which required a Push firmware update as well. Might be the issue here.

Jim, have you tested if that works?

Mac OSX 10.8.5

Last edited by 33tetragammon; 11-24-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33tetragammon View Post
My lcd display is getting info from N4Pro, some pads light up in different colours, but that's about it.
I've selected Push from the controller setup menu, set the in and out ports to Push User port.
Try pushing the "User" mode button on the push itself, then "Browse" -- that ought to take you to 'rack navigation' mode.

Quote:
Ableton Live 9.1 was released this week, which required a Push firmware update as well. Might be the issue here.

Not yet...

Jim
Old 11-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe97 View Post
Did the midi import function make it into the beta release of N4 or is it still on hold? I can't seem to find it.
On hold, it will be in 4.1...

Jim
Old 11-24-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:

Mac OSX 10.8.5
I kind of got it to work, although it's definitely glitchy. You have to push the "user" button on the Push to get it to work. It works fine as a standalone (No Ableton), but when used with Live it starts to bug out (the volume, pan&send, clip, device, browse, buttons won't light up and it gets stuck on some of the pages). I'm also using 9.1 for what its worth (10.6.8 OSX).

Problem I'm having besides the Push issue is that in the Controller Set Up box, N4 won't recognize my Launchpad (Gen 1) at all (shows up fine in the Patchbay Setup Box). I tried "rescanning" my MIDI in the Audio Midi app, no luck. Bit of a headscratcher