Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Music > Your Music

Old 10-19-2012, 04:37 PM

Default New Ambient Track - "Metamorphosis"

Hi Everybody!

Brand new track off my upcoming ambient album. This one is called "Metamorphosis." I've really been influenced by the work of artists like Steve Roach, Solar Fields, Cygna, Carbon Based Lifeforms, etc. Drawing inspiration from that, I sought out to create a unique sound of using granular synthesis and harmonic based sequencing using Numerology.

Production-wise I'm using Alchemy, Borderlands (desktop app), Uhbik A and Q for color, and Numerology and Pro Tools for my DAW's of choice.

Enjoy!

http://soundcloud.com/s1gnsofl1fe/metamorphosis
Old 10-22-2012, 07:56 PM

Super nice work. Sounds awesome.

When your album is available, please post here so I can check it out. Looking forward to hearing more.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:14 AM

Hey thanks man!!!

Going to release some more material on soundcloud before the album is out...so definitely check there first! Thanks again for the positive feedback.

Cheers!
Old 10-23-2012, 04:34 PM

Listening now. Wow very fine work so far one minute in. Metallic clicking sounds coming in now, very intriguing, what is it? Friendly dangerous?, Some high choir like souds coming in, intensifying now, a melodic figure starts to materialize. Subliminal. Now a subsiding, new melodic impuls, cool somewhat sad. Coming out to the forfront. Razor like sound coming more forward in the mix. rhythmic inpuls breaking the the ambient haze. Choir tones rising again stronger, The whole soundscape gets more and more loaded. The Razor sound rises up again. Sound begins to die away..

Nice Ride!

Regards

Wade
Old 10-23-2012, 04:44 PM

Wade,

Best song review EVER!!!!! Can we even call it that? More like a play-by-play description!!! Totally epic dude.

The songs main catalyst (<---dropping hits to my next track right there!) comes from different sound sources granularly synthesized outside numerology. Where numerology comes in is about 3 minutes in...a faded melodic harmony emerges...that's a mononote set on random in a minor scale!

The more I incorporate numerology into my music the more I love it. I'm not only an electronic musician, but a numerology musician as well! It has to have it's own category.

Many more to come and I will post them here as they emerge from the studio.

Again, much appreciated!!! Nice to meet you Wade.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 10-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Administrator

I'm totally diggin it... where's that download button...

Cheers,
Jim