Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Music > Your Music

Old 10-25-2012, 05:37 AM

Default RudeCrew

Made a track using my Numerology Wavetable synth. plus additional sounds from Kore (drums), Surge (keys), and Diva(low voice pad) String Studio VS (plucks)

The wavetable is now split up over 4 DrumSamplers so i get acces to total of 32 waves. I use gate sequencers to run through each set of 8 waves in one whole note filled out by triplets and sixteenth patterns.

The waves come from the Galbanum Architecture 2010 collection.

I discovered a new way to use modulating waves on the audio output of the Drumsamplers.

I send the modulating waves signal into an envelope follower as usual this goes into a Voltage Control Amplifier (both found in Audio Processing) the main out from the four (Drumkit)wavetable synths goes into the Voltage Amplifier audio in and you get instant AM joy.

The Waves in the Wavetable synths are themselves are not that smooth and regular so that you can hear the AM effect. But I tell you it's effective. The AM waves are pitched way down to octave 1 on the mono note. As well as the standard pitch of -30 semitones as detailed in the Galbanum documentation.

Earlier I'd used paramods with a destination of volume on a mixer channel to get AM but it wasn't nearly as effective.

Anyways here's the example. It's kind of Rude, which maybe reflects that I had a bit of trouble getting my 32 waves to play nicely in series. I ended up trashing a bunch of modules and doing the scanning using 4 mononotes playing Consecutively in CV trigger Gated mode with each having a discreet Gate sequencer trigger.

http://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/rudecrew/s-9Tw1m

I'll try and tweak these setup with more smooth waves and a better arrangement but still sometimes I just like my diamonds in the rough.

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 10-25-2012 at 06:08 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Administrator

mind bending... I'm thinking steve roach, xenakis and william schottstaedt gathered together in a cave and grooving on a pict...

(google "dinosaur music", and/or see http://www.classicsonline.com/catalo...spx?pid=619758)

Cheers,
Jim
Old 10-25-2012, 01:56 PM

I don't think I would have thought of that description.

Enjoy working with Numerology because it lends itself to bending the normal rules in refreashing ways...