Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Third Party > Controllers

Old 03-24-2013, 09:41 PM

Default Live 9 and Launchpad

In the past I have used Live 8, Numerology, an APC-40, and a Launchpad with great success.

Live 9 always seems to grab the Launchpad when started up regardless how I've set the preferences the last time. I'd like to make Live 9 forget about the Launchpad permanently so that I can easily use it with Numerology without setting the preferences every single time. Am I forgetting a step? Have you had this issue?

I understand that this is more of a Live question rather than a Numerology question but the signal to noise ratio in the Live forum is pretty bad and seems to have gotten worse since the Ableton site redesign. Sorry if it's an improper use of the five12 forum.

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Not improper at all -- I had been using Live9 only for 64-bit testing so far, so it was important news for me. There is a workaround: if you setup controllers (doesn't matter which ones) for all of Live's available "slots", even if they have no set MIDI input or output, then Live9 will not auto-setup the Launchpad on startup anymore.

If I remember correctly, Live always always the use of custom stuff by pressing "User2", so I should probably implement that in the N4 Launchpad mapping. It ought to work pretty smoothly -- since one typically goes to User1/RackNav to pick a module, which automatically moves you to User2/RackEdit...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 03-28-2013, 11:36 AM

Thanks Jim! This little trick does the job.