Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Third Party > Controllers

Old 06-29-2013, 09:13 AM

Default launchpad vs launchpad s vs L'padv2

hello all,

I really think about use numerology as my master sequencer.
and i really like the ipad integration (i test it to a friend studio), i think it was just perfect (great work jim, really).

did you think buying the launchpad s was a best deal than buying a used launchpad?
someone has test the launchpad emulation L'padv2 (ipad lemur template)? what did you think about it.

thank for your answer.

p.s: sorry for my bad english, but it's not my bith language.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:43 PM
Administrator

I haven't tried the launchpad emulator for the Lemur yet, but I hear it works pretty well -- with N3, you'll need to use a hidden pref -- just check the readme file for instructions.

I have both a pair of older Launchpads and the new 'S' model -- they both work equally well, though the buttons on the new ones are a bit nicer.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 09-30-2013, 07:53 AM

I have just downloaded LpadV2 & can't seem to get it to work with N3 yet, I've tried using the default ports 8000 as well as changing the target port to 10000 as you would with Reaktor.

I think I need a step by step guide for dummies to set this one up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
I hear it works pretty well -- with N3, you'll need to use a hidden pref -- just check the readme file for instructions.
When I change the AltLaunchpadName, what do I change it to? I've tried the name of the iPad, Lemur & the Lemur template I'm using. Nothing seems to have worked as yet, however, I could still be working with incorrect port numbers, which wouldn't really be helping.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovetronic View Post
When I change the AltLaunchpadName, what do I change it to? I've tried the name of the iPad, Lemur & the Lemur template I'm using. Nothing seems to have worked as yet, however, I could still be working with incorrect port numbers, which wouldn't really be helping.
Change it to whatever MIDI port the Lemur is sending MIDI on. There's no OSC involved with the N3 grid mapping (so don't worry about OSC port numbers) -- Numerology is just looking for MIDI input that mimics what the Launchpad sends.

Jim
Old 10-02-2013, 11:25 AM

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get the LPadV2 template to work with Numerology

I have tried renaming "AltLaunchpadName" to everything I can think of and more but nothing seems to work. I have installed the Launchpad drivers, in case they helped, they didn't.

Lemur is sending on Lemur Out 0 to Daemon Input 0, neither of those names work. I also tried to send Lemur directly to Numerology In 1, nothing happened.

Using MIDI Monitor, I can see MIDI data being sent from Lemur but it's not having any effect on Numerology.

Even though I would still like to get this to work, after a fair few hours of trying & failing, I think it might be easier to just go out & buy a Launchpad
Old 10-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovetronic View Post
Using MIDI Monitor, I can see MIDI data being sent from Lemur but it's not having any effect on Numerology.
Whichever MIDI port that MIDI data is coming from, is the one you'd want to use for the 'hidden' pref --- but there may be more to the setup than I'm aware of yet.

Jim