Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Third Party > Controllers

Old 02-26-2010, 04:04 AM

Thumbs up Setting up your Controller

Hello five12 community

This may seem like a NooB question, but i am having difficulty trying to set up my Novation Launchpad for integration with Numerology and get very confused to whether Automap Pro is conflicting with Numerology's ability to map to Launchpad.

It would be very much appreciated if someone could give a run down of Controller Setup for Launchpad, as i am very excited at the potentiol of this integration.

Cheers
Eviltone
Old 02-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Administrator

My guess is that there is a conflict with automap, I'll check it out.

Jim
Old 02-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Administrator

I don't see any obvious way to temporarily disable Launchpad control from Automap while the Automap Server is running, so for now I recommend turning it off. I'll post more info when I find out if it's even possible for the Numerology mapping to co-exist w/ Automap.

Best,
Jim
Old 01-24-2011, 07:12 AM

Hi
Ive been away form Num and all things music for a while but have returned with a reigned passion . Anyway to the point Im trying to set up my Novation zero sl's sliders to control the faders in the mixer window but Im having difficulty using both midi and automaps learn function seems to yield no results. Does anybody have a templet I could scrounge addressing this issue?
Thanks
Old 01-24-2011, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by john brennan View Post
Hi
Ive been away form Num and all things music for a while but have returned with a reigned passion . Anyway to the point Im trying to set up my Novation zero sl's sliders to control the faders in the mixer window but Im having difficulty using both midi and automaps learn function seems to yield no results. Does anybody have a templet I could scrounge addressing this issue?
Thanks
The best way to control the volume is to "Midi Learn" the volume sliders in the StackOutput modules. The volume sliders in the Mixer are not setup to do MIDI learn.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 01-24-2011, 10:03 AM

Default Nocturn controls mixer with..

I've had the same problem with my nocturn. I ended up using midi to CV modules on a seperate stack with "automap midi" as the input to just that one stack. within the stack I use as many midi to CV modules as I need assign their input CC numbers to logical controller numbers. Then in the automap server interface I just assign my knobs to the same numbers as I've set-up in the CV to midi modules. Now what-->> The CV midi module outputs 4 CV channels I route into 4 signal processers that forces the CC numbers to function within a useful range 0-127 and finally from there into para mods with the projects various stack outputs as a destinations. The last step is to set the paramodulation parameter destination as audio out.

I could up load a stack as I've set it up but the outputs wouldn't match your set-up

Any questions feel free to ask

This may be a crazy method where Jims midi learn trick would save all this monkeying around..

Regards

Wade
Old 01-24-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
I don't see any obvious way to temporarily disable Launchpad control from Automap while the Automap Server is running, so for now I recommend turning it off. I'll post more info when I find out if it's even possible for the Numerology mapping to co-exist w/ Automap.

Best,
Jim
Cheers for the response's guys. i got it set up I disabled automap set a new user page to handle all the faders and what not turning on and off automap allows switching between the two ( Im very rusty at all this)
Old 01-24-2011, 10:27 AM

Just noticed another hang up. The session, user1, user2 and mixer buttons of my launchpad are causing my first four volume faders to act erratically when they are assigned to the sl. Any ideas?
Old 01-24-2011, 10:52 AM

Default My crazy method works but not necessary!

I got all tied up with getting my nocturn to work and found the above mentions work around that I now see was a messy and unecessary one at that. Midi learn rules!!

As to the Auto map function and launchpad. I've never had any problems when I've used my launchpad and the nocturn with automap server.. From my understanding if you enable the use launchpad in the preferences setup on Numerology it takes care of things, so Launchpad does not get seen by automap server at all here.

I always launch automap server first before launching Numerology, have the prefereces setup correctly in Numerology and that should solve the problem..

I don't have any problems with using the launchpad mixer page with this setup. Hope this helps

Regards

Wade
Old 01-24-2011, 10:57 AM

Default If you are using launchpad

If you are using the launchpad with Numerology I assume it is because you want the functionality that Jim has programmed it for. See the tutorials and read the manual. Basically the user buttons on the launchpad should not be assigned to anything as they are used for Numerologies main functions..

Hope this helps

Regards

Wade